Invalid torrent file (works in other clients)

TuuS

I'm a private tracker admin and have an issue with one of our torrents. Members using uTorrent are getting "invalid torrent file" message, and I have confirmed this, but the torrent works fine with other clients.

The torrent in question is made with MKtorrent 1.0 and uses a piece size of 32mB.

I suspect that utorrent is unable to handle this large piece size, if this is correct, can you tell me what limits utorrent has on piece size (in regards to downloading, not authoring torrents).

I've also read in a very old thread here that utorrent won't support a torrent file larger then 1.6MB (approx). Is this still the case or do newer versions support larger sizes?

This info will help me provide guidelines for our uploaders to use when making torrents so they are compatible with your client.

Thanks in advance,

TuuS

ps. I'd be glad to send the torrent in question (privately) if you're interested in testing it or want to confirm any of this.

update: My theory seems to be confirmed. The uploader redid the torrent with an 8mb piece size and it works in uTorrent.

Can you please confirm my findings and let me know what the piece size limit is with utorrent?

Also, it might be a good idea to treat this as a bug report, as torrent sizes are going to continue to increase, so it would be wise to update utorrent to accommodate the larger piece size.

I've since tested uTorrent with a torrent having a 16mB piece size, and it seems to work, but I'd really like an official answer as to what this client supports. Trying to reverse engineer answers to this is inaccurate and shouldn't be necessary.

Again I ask...

What is the largest piece size supported by your client?

What is the largest torrent file size supported by your client?

Please reply,

TuuS

Archived