Help Please

Sneaky_Jester

My utorrent got real messy after I moved user files to a different folder. When I tried downloading stuff. I'd get an error message saying torrent could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences. I tried uninstalling the program and planned on reinstalling it but it didn't work. I removed the registries, uninstalled it in add/remove and deleted the files in the programs menu and the C:\ menus. There is absolutely no trace of it on my computer, yet when I download it to reinstall it, it just runs the program like it's always been there. I can't figure out how to fully uninstall it despite days of research, and despite changing the file association in utorrent and firefox, I now just get the error message "application not found" like utorrent doesn't exist, yet I can run it. This is very frustrating and I've tried using ccleaner and multiple other programs to try and root this thing out. I've grown tired of wasting countless hours on this when I already work 12-13 hours a day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Having uTorrent installed at the first run, you have a folder "%appdata%/utorrent", which by default is a hidden system folder.

This is the reason why you can't find the files.

In windows just "Start" "Run" "%appdata/utorrent" this will bring you to this folder, where all the files are.

Archived