I'm confused with new version

FIn4

Hello

So I recently installed the 3.0 version, although the old 2.x said there is no new version available, but the thing that frustrates me is how uninformative the new layout is. In old version I was able to tell right away which torrent is done, which is seeding, which is downloading, and most importantly, which is not even started. There were very useful and distinct colored arrows before the name of the torrent, and you knew what it's doing right away. now when you look at it it's all green (only blue when downloading).:( So is there skins or mods available to make it as clear as the old version?

Please help me and thank you in advance

Update: After browsing around the forums I found the solution:

Preferences > Advanced > gui.show_status_icon_in_dl_list

I am very happy now but there is a healthy criticism to utorrent, that the UI could be more colorful... everything is green and not as simple, clear and informative as it used to be...

Someone has any thoughts about this?

I don't understand how the "drop files to send" windows works. I tried uploading a torrent to a site, so I clicked "upload" on the site and described my upload. After doing that I dragged the file to "drop files to send" - then I check the site and it gave me error messages, primarily that I didn't upload the .torrent file (I was under the impression µTorrent would do this). In any case, the upload failed. Does anyone know the proper way to use "drop files to send" when upload torrents to sites?

µTorrent only makes the torrent for you then gives you an easy link to share with people.

It doesn't upload it to any specific torrent site.

If you want to upload the torrent, use the Create New Torrent dialog to make your torrent, save the torrent, then upload it to the site of your choice.

• 7 months later...
Hello

So I recently installed the 3.0 version, although the old 2.x said there is no new version available, but the thing that frustrates me is how uninformative the new layout is. In old version I was able to tell right away which torrent is done, which is seeding, which is downloading, and most importantly, which is not even started. There were very useful and distinct colored arrows before the name of the torrent, and you knew what it's doing right away. now when you look at it it's all green (only blue when downloading).:( So is there skins or mods available to make it as clear as the old version?

Please help me and thank you in advance

Update: After browsing around the forums I found the solution:

Preferences > Advanced > gui.show_status_icon_in_dl_list

I am very happy now but there is a healthy criticism to utorrent, that the UI could be more colorful... everything is green and not as simple, clear and informative as it used to be...

Someone has any thoughts about this?

You helped me so much!!! Thank you

Archived