Selecting files in a torrent

TheMekon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks jolede.

You explained my problem and the solution perfectly.

DO NOT click on GET THIS TORRENT next to the red magnet,but click on "GET TORRENTFILE" just to the right of GET THIS TORRENT.

[ RED MAGNET] GET THIS TORRENT (GET TORRENTFILE)

NOT this one THIS ONE

It is not a uTorrent problem. It is a pirate bay problem

This solved my problem. Thanks again.

Win 7 64bit

uTorrent 3.1 build 26650

I have a screen shot but do not know how to insert in this post.

Selective downloading using magnet iconmagnet.gif GET THIS TORRENT

1. Click iconmagnet.gif and the torrent starts downloading.

2. Select the torrent within your torrent client and select the Files tab. Wait until the list of files appears then select the files you do not wish to download, right-click and select "Don't Download".

Keep this handy for when the GET TORRENTFILE icon goes away completely, and it will.

I just did a clean install of Window 7 x64 and decided to install uTorrent 3.1 26650. After getting it all configured the way I like, and pressing the "Toggle Torrent View" button so the list was more like 2.0.4, I then added eleven torrents from my hard drive (one at a time). There was NO way to expand the "Save as..." window nor press the double down arrow. Why? Because my torrents were going straight into the queue without asking me what I wanted to do! The option "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode" was enabled from the very beginning so something must be wrong with uTorrent. I did find a way to fix it after a lot of trial and error though:

1) Start uTorrent.

2) Enable "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode".

3) Close uTorrent.

4) Start uTorrent.

5) Disable "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode".

6) Close uTorrent.

7) Start uTorrent.

8) Enable "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode".

9) Close uTorrent.

10) Start uTorrent.

The save as dialog would show properly after doing all that, and I was finally able to see/press the double down arrow. Nothing else I tried would work and my so called fix was the only way to make the dialog appear. Now it appears every time it is supposed to. Just wanted to let people know that they are NOT going crazy lol.

Thanks jolede.

You explained my problem and the solution perfectly.

DO NOT click on GET THIS TORRENT next to the red magnet,but click on "GET TORRENTFILE" just to the right of GET THIS TORRENT.

NOT this one THIS ONE

It is not a uTorrent problem. It is a pirate bay problem

This solved my problem. Thanks again.

Win 7 64bit

uTorrent 3.1 build 26650

I have a screen shot but do not know how to insert in this post.

This worked for me. I was having the same issues as everyone else on here.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get why developers add this crap option and remove the old "Always show dialog on manual add" in Directories menù? Why adding something so unfriedly and complicated that nobody likes and remove something so good and usefull?

Really sometimes when things like this happen i have the feel to hit a wall with my head several times... because it make no sense at all.

Please Dev consider to put in back this option. Thanks.

it may be different for others, but the problem ive been having is that the dialog does show up when i add a torrent, however in the box that should be showing the folders and files to individually select, there is nothing, and the window shows zero file size for the torrent until it actually begins downloading.

well i figured out that this only happens when i use a magnet link from a website to open a torrent. when i download the file and open it from my pc, its fine and i can select all of the the files, but for some reason when i use a magnet link, i cant select files. i use chrome as a browser by the way. hope this helps some people.

THANK YOU!!!! YOU WERE RIGHT!!! it was the magnet urls that werent allowing visibility inside the torrent.

"DO NOT click on GET THIS TORRENT next to the red magnet,but click on "GET TORRENTFILE" just to the right of GET THIS TORRENT.

NOT this one THIS ONE"

Yes this right but I couldn't get the torrentfile with Chrome, tried it with Mozilla, fixed. (Chrome bug or setting)

"DO NOT click on GET THIS TORRENT next to the red magnet,but click on "GET TORRENTFILE" just to the right of GET THIS TORRENT.

NOT this one THIS ONE"

Yes this right but I couldn't get the torrentfile with Chrome, tried it with Mozilla, fixed. (Chrome bug or setting)

What are you going to do after Feb. 29th, when that site no longer provides the GET TORRENTFILE link for the majority of the torrents?

On the same topic, why utorrent downloads more files than I've selected before starting the download? Most of "other files" (files that i did NOT want to download) are corrupted, but takes A LOT of space!

Can you give a specific example? Plus specify your settings for 'partfile' usage ?

Can you give a specific example?

As an example, today i tried to download 4 videos (torrent consisted of 90+ videos), when download has been completed there were 12 instead of my selected 4 videos. I believe if i select 4 files then there it should be 4 files, not more or less.

Plus specify your settings for 'partfile' usage ?

What's that and where should i look for it? :rolleyes:

Archived