Selecting files in a torrent

TheMekon

it may be different for others, but the problem ive been having is that the dialog does show up when i add a torrent, however in the box that should be showing the folders and files to individually select, there is nothing, and the window shows zero file size for the torrent until it actually begins downloading.

well i figured out that this only happens when i use a magnet link from a website to open a torrent. when i download the file and open it from my pc, its fine and i can select all of the the files, but for some reason when i use a magnet link, i cant select files. i use chrome as a browser by the way. hope this helps some people.

that's it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually figured this one out. You need to click on APPLY with the show "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode".

I do think it's a bug with the new version since it's supposed to do that automatically for everyone but after having experienced it and seeing that many others do have the same issue (which is unrelated to magnet links) and only has to do with getting the window that displays the files/drive size/date etc. I was hitting enter for OK instead of Apply. Try it.

• 9 months later...

I know this thread is super old but I wanted to add to this in case anyone who Googles this problem and finds this article like me. There is a simple solution to fixing the file select window not displaying. All you have to do is select the "Toggle Torrent View" button in the upper right corner of the app (next to the options tool). If it doesn't work, click it again to view the original layout and see if your problem is fixed or not. This is the only thing that worked for me so far and it was really simple. Let me know if it worked for you or not! :D

• 7 months later...

Archived