Reloacting not working as it should?

kookykrazee

I am trying to resolve multiple issues that I have with uTorrent 3.x and I hope people here, in the forum, can assist me. Since I have not been around, for several months, I have not been as active as I would prefer, but here we go:

1. Firstly, I have a major problem with the folder names taking on the name I have changed the torrent to, in the client under name. I have my own organization of torrents based on the season or other statistics that are applicable to me. This should not be affected by the fact that I name it something different or have sub-folders that are inside said seasons of files. The work around for changing each torrent "name" to the folder I want is not a good workaround. Right now I have approximate 2500 torrents in uTorrent and to change all of the folders I moved after getting my system up and running is not feasible. Even when I do rename a few of the torrents, I sometimes have to put the sub-folders in different folders or have renamed the files, themselves, for easier organization which leads to #2.

2. When I manually relocate files, within a torrent, and if I have selected a wrong file, by accident, I am not able to change it to the proper file. I get the following error:

Error: Failed to relocate file "file name", Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Of course the file exists, I just selected the wrong one. I am hoping there is an option of doing something else, rather than having to delete the torrent and re-download it as this, again, would be a very time consuming problem. I never had any of these problems with 2.x versions of uTorrent. And just as an aside, I am having the same problems with the x64 client.

Okay who wants to help me resolve these issues, as soon as possible? Much appreciate and glad to be back!

Does anyone check the forums anymore? I am still looking for help with this, it's really annoying and should not work like this.

Please assist, I really had to go back to an unsupported version of uTorrent, but I might have to if I cannot find help to resolve issues that seem to be present in all newer versions of uTorrent.

Archived