Option to start uTorrent minimized to tray (only start, not otherwise)

agent007bond

Before you flag this post as duplicate of this, or dismiss it for any reason, kindly read the post fully. The other post is talking about something else and I don't ask for it again. I'm asking for something different.

I like to have the Minimize button of uTorrent minimize it to the taskbar, and the Close button hide it to the system tray (aka notification area), closing its own window but continuing to run in the background. Hence I use these settings:

uTMinimize1.png

But when uTorrent starts up as I boot Windows, I prefer uTorrent to start minimized in the tray. My suggestion is to make the startup minimize behavior independent from the regular minimize behavior. In the current implementation, the startup minimize behavior is dependent on the regular minimize behavior, as suggested in the Preferences dialog:

uTMinimize2.png

I would prefer it to be changed to this instead:

uTMinimize3.png

This will allow me to have uTorrent start hidden in the system tray (during Windows startup), but have the Minimize button of uTorrent window minimize it to the taskbar (not hide it in the tray).

Thank you for your consideration. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Found this post via a Google search of "utorrent start in tray".

I, too, see an advantage in being able to both a) start uTorrent in the system tray and B) manually minimize uTorrent to the taskbar (and still be left to choose whether to close to the tray).

Thank you to the original poster, agent007bond, for clearly describing what would be the benefits of this feature.

• 9 months later...
Thank you to the original poster, agent007bond, for clearly describing what would be the benefits of this feature.

Thank you for your support. Unfortunately uTorrent developers have been ignoring user suggestions for a long time already. They have been concentrating so much on adding completely unnecessary "features" (such as apps, device management and built-in video player) that they don't care about the users anymore to make time for improving the core software.

Archived