Roller Coaster - Is it a controlled cycle?

BJ12

Hi All,

Any ideas why down speeds spike up to the expected levels - then drops. It looks as though something is purposely controlling this in a cycle. This view is cummulative speed of all torrents, not just one.

This is my first post after 3 hours of reading so...swing Merrill swing..take your shots, keep with tradition. I'ver read several of the posts that mention up down speed issues but they have few details or responses. My install (v3.0) was excellent, autopopulated all the settings, and worked great for the first week. I did review the "Best Practices" thread but that 1.4 years old, not sure if still relavent. I tried the throttle test from Germany (wherever) but it just hangs, no answers or results.

Any ideas amigo's? :D

speedut.jpg

Upload runs between 1.9 to 2.1 Mbps. Watching the Speed graph I found setting the max upload to 230 works best. It also adds the Set Up Wizard download speed accurately. The original installation set it to upload max to 496, forum members suggest 1, 10, etc. All very confusing.

I've been picking only those with videos with the highest seeds. They generally have over 100.

Based on the below, uTorrent can only deliver (or use) a maximum of 3%-6% of my true download bandwidth. (combination of all torrents). Would this be the seeds and the software causing this problem?

Glasnost Report:

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your downloads.There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests, uploads using control flows achieved up to 2235 Kbps while uploads using BitTorrent achieved up to 2236 Kbps.

speedchart.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, unfortunately, I haven't had the time I used to have to help people on the forums. :(

But we're going to have someone else helping soon, I think.

It might be uTP doing things 'wrong'. Do you have an upload cap set at all? Try setting one to say, 225kbyte/s. This could help, as uTP doesn't always make the right decision when operating in uncapped mode.

Archived