Setting Up Antivirus Auto Scan

Shaikh

I couldn't find this information readily available on the Help Documentation or in the FAQ.

Could someone please point me in the right direction where I can find a walk-through on setting up an antivirus program to auto scan a file(s) or folder(s) automatically after download.

I'm specifically using Norton Internet Security 2010 and uTorrent 3.0, and honestly can't tell if this was set up automatically (as with browsers) or if I have to do it manually. If it has to be manually, can I do it directly in the NIS2010 software or do I have to configure the Run Program of uTorrent. If the answer is the latter, what are the correct parameters?

Thank you.

Although I'm using the free Avast, which does not support automation, I've looked around about this and couldn't find any information either. You could set a custom command that calls NIS on torrent completion, but I can't see how that would integrate with uTorrent's UI (i.e. the Scanned column).

I'm guessing that the antivirus features in v3.0 are currently tied with BitDefender's Virus Guard. Maybe uTorrent will support more antivirus products in the future or it could be an exclusive deal with BitDefender.

Archived