select a different download dir when adding new torrents

orateyouth

Hi everyone, I am a massive fan or utorrent and loving the linux version as iv setup a debian home server and love the fact I can download torrents straight to my server.

I was wondering if there was any way I could select the download location when I add new torrents, so if I was downloading a movie file I could download it straigt to /home/username/media/movies. and if i wanted to download music I could download it straight to /home/username/media/music like I do at the moment with the windows client.

At the moment I am downloading everything into the media folder and then moving the files/folders into there respective places.

Thank you

Thank you for the reply, I have got everything set in the utserver.conf file how I want it but when I start utserver with the -configfile atribute it doesn't seem to be finding it and using some other .conf file have you got any clue why its not using my selected config file.

Are you sure to wrote the correct path to the "utserver.conf" file?

Also,If you can't handle it, remove all installed files and try to install this,then open in text editor '~/.config/utorrent-server/utserver.conf' and set the directories that you want.

yes I all the paths were correct. I found after a bit of searching that once utserver has been started once and doesn't find the .conf file it reads the settings.dat fileso I deleted all the .dat files, that didn't work so I started from scratchthis is my layout now.

/opt/utorrent/settings

/wubui.zip

/opt/utorrent /utserver

/opt/utorrent/config/utserver.conf

I have got a init.d script I found on this forum so I can easily start and stop utorrent.

This time around I made sure everything was set right before I started utserver but now it is only reading my first dir_download location and not allowing me to select where I want the download to go. I'm sure im missing something simple. Do I need to put the dir_download on seperate lines like

dir_download: "/home/path/to/videos"

dir_download: "/home/path/to/music"

or is it all on one line as i'v tried bot and niether seem to work

Do I need to put the dir_download on seperate lines like

dir_download: "/home/path/to/videos"

dir_download: "/home/path/to/music"

or is it all on one line

The former, just like your example - add a separate dir_download setting value, one per line, for each location that you want to include in the download directory list.

Archived