How to make it download 1 at a time

DanielUTM

Hi is there a way to make your torrent download videos, 1 at a time.

So if i downloaded the 1st season of a show that has 25 episodes.

Can i make it so that the torrent completely focus's on the 1st episode before even starting on the 2nd.

As in it goes in order.

Downloads the 1st video to 100%, then starts on the 2nd, once the 2nd is 100% downloaded starts on the 3rd, and so on.

I know there is priority rate/Prioritize by file order, but that isn't exactly what im looking for. Because even if it focus's mostly on the 1st video, all the other videos would still be taking in information, and making it longer for the 1st video to load.

Sorry if i didn't explain it very well xP

But Thanks anyway for any help you could possibly give.

When the torrent is first loading, "Select None"; then, select only the first file in the torrent. When the final piece of that file is being downloaded, change the priority of the next sequential file from 'Skip' to 'Normal'. That's a way to ABSOLUTELY get them in order.

However, using your 25 episodes example, I feel that a better way is to have three files going at a time, with the priorities of 'High', 'Normal', and 'Low'; once the 'High' status file completes, just add the next file in the list to the mix and change the priorities accordingly. I've used this method, or some variation of it, quite frequently, and it works well.

When the torrent is first loading, "Select None"; then, select only the first file in the torrent. When the final piece of that file is being downloaded, change the priority of the next sequential file from 'Skip' to 'Normal'. That's a way to ABSOLUTELY get them in order.

However, using your 25 episodes example, I feel that a better way is to have three files going at a time, with the priorities of 'High', 'Normal', and 'Low'; once the 'High' status file completes, just add the next file in the list to the mix and change the priorities accordingly. I've used this method, or some variation of it, quite frequently, and it works well.

I was thinking of doing something similar to that to but the problem is this torrent isn't 25 episodes it's 90 episodes lol xD!. Guess i have no choice but to try something like that thanks anyway.

• 1 year later...

Archived