Problems with blocking uTorrent in Windows Firewall

duckyduck

I daily use a VPN-service to protect my IP and lately it's been very unstable, causing it to disconnect and therefore revealing my IP when uTorrent reconnects to the peers on my own address. As a method of preventing this (if any other good solutions, please shout out), I made some inbound/outbound rules in my Windows Firewall. I told Windows Firewall to block for all data on my local and wireless connections - and only allow data through remote (which is VPN-connections).

I tested this by opening uTorrent whilst connected to my VPN and then disconnecting the VPN. The peers and downloading/uploading INSTANTLY dropped.... however, after a while (or if I just open uTorrent without being connected to a VPN) uTorrent connects to peers, even though I specifically blocked the inbound/outbound connections in Windows Firewall. HOW?

uTorrent cannot establish a connection to the trackers. I'm getting this error message:

An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

DHT, Peer Exchange and Local Peer Discovery are all turned off. Yet, I'm connected and downloading from at least 1-10 peers.

To me it looks like uTorrent is utilizing another service on my computer to connect through, because I intentionally blocked it. What service is this, so I can block that too?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Archived