advice on torrenting into a truecrypt container

tummychow

I've been trying to download torrents into a truecrypt container on my external hard drive. The issue is not one of speed, but rather of convenience.

I have set truecrypt up to mount the volume to the same drive letter when I log onto the computer, always to the same drive letter. In theory, utorrent should be able to see the volume and pick up right where it left off. As insurance, I stopped all the torrents in question before I shut down the computer. For some reason or other though, when I rebooted, utorrent started checking the torrent data again. After the rechecks, everything was there and it picked up as it was supposed to.

In any case, is there any way that I can set up the truecrypt container or utorrent itself so that when I boot up the computer, utorrent will pick up right where it left off? (ie without having to recheck the torrent on boot)

I kinda wish I could say yes, but I have utorrent running on startup (it's not running as a service though, so as i recall windows will only start it when i log in), and the volume mounts on logon. So not exactly. In theory, the volume should be mounted right around when utorrent starts, but I can't confirm that whole timing business.

Would it be easier to just not boot up into utorrent, and start it only after the truecrypt volume is online?

Archived