What do I do when I am given access to an older utorrent client and...

Necrocian

Hi as the title said I was given access to an older utorrent client. I had previous been using a different client that I had purchased quite some time ago. Then it had problems and had corrupted files. Then they gave me an older client for utorrent I am unsure whether I should use it or not and if so any recommendations, since I had been given an E-mail with detailed information on how to set it up however I feel somewhat unsure if I should use do the requested actions as well. So I am unsure what I should do any advice thanks.

it wasnt a utorrent client I used but their software got corrupted so they provided me with an older utorrent client via a link. for version 1.7.1 so I am unsure whether its a valid link or should beused or what.

any more advice thanks

edited to add in that I believe I am not suppose to give exact info forthat if the forum rules are accurate on the company I purchased it from etc.

ok that makes sense may I ask if I am allowed to supply the name of the old software I used? or not since that is the software company that gave me the 1.7.1 software and they said to use the updater for it but I feel somewhat unsure if i should use it or not since you said its not legit but why would a company that had other software use an older client then?

edited for reason of adding content that I fogot to.

I also wanted to know if when I download the newer software what should I do to make sure it works smoothly and are there any basic differences in use between the older configuration and the newer such as a layout basis for use or what not. thanks for any help. Since I would like to make sure that I do not use bad software.

Chances are, this third party you have been dealing with, regardless of who they are, have been ripping you off.

If you do a google search for the other software you've been using and find that it's also free, you've DEFINITELY been ripped off by them and should not trust any software provided by them and should question any settings they provide as well.

thanks for the advice they had provided the software so that way I could use their service without worry of copyright breach since it was a peer 2 peer based thing in which it didnt submit tracking data around like utorrent did though, I think uterrent has a feature like that to if I am right but I am unsure to be honest if they do. I only paid once for the software and used it with other users as well similar to uttorent but rather effective to, so not sure to be honest.

Archived