WHY ??? banning peer same peer id as existing peer.

seekingTruth

Hiya all,

I have a problem i was attempting to resolve but the thread was closed. This hasnt helped me in any way towards resolving the issue, closing the thread hasnt FIXED the problem that not only me but others are experiencing and a

"These bans are going in to prevent you from connecting to yourself.

THEY ARE NOT THE CAUSE OF YOU BEING UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD."

TELLS ME NOTHING

So the question, what is likely to cause utorrent to ban itself when ALL other internet access is perfectly fine and also was working fine until i rebooted?

You can delete this or whatever but the problem for me wont go away and i didnt come to the forum to waste my time, a REASONABLE answer that MAY help is all we ask.

Any replies greatly appreciated,

seek.

So the question, what is likely to cause utorrent to ban itself when ALL other internet access is perfectly fine and also was working fine until i rebooted?

You are assuming that these bans are the cause of the problem, when they are not. This is NOT helping you solve your issue.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

IGNORE THOSE BANS, THEY ARE NOT RELATED TO YOUR ISSUE!

Thanks for your reply Dread,

Given that i dont have an internet access problem as everything else is working and i unloaded the firewall, and i havent loaded anything prior to this problem arising, all that happened was i stopped a download, rebooted the PC and now utorrent will not connect and the only message i get is the ban, what can cause this as i would like to finish the download which is almost completed or id just blow it away and reload utorrent?

Thanks for your time,

seek

Hiya Dread,

I followed the link and sadly the testing in the setup guide wouldnt work :( but i tried suggestions, went thru preferences and changed a few things and guess who is a lucky boy :D its working.

Thanks again for your time Dread, im not sure what it was but its working and while its working im not going to fix it ;):P

byeee

Archived