utorrent keeps deleting after download

spitzig

I've downloaded a video multiple times. Utorrent completes the download successfully, but when it moves it from the temporary to the completed directory, the video disappears. The video is not in either directory or the Recycle Bin, and utorrent gives an error saying the file is missing. I've installed the current version(it also happened with an older version). I also tried just allowing utorrent to keep it in the temporary directory.

This does not happen with most downloads, but I've tried multiple versions of one video, and it has happened with 4 versions of the same video. It has not happened with other downloads. My girlfriend jokes about it being a ghost deleting it.

One time, I watched the file complete and stopped the torrent. Utorrent did not notice the file was missing yet, and give an error. But, the file was gone.

I'm currently up to date on utorrent and Windows XP.

My temporary and completed directories are different. I tried making them the same, to see if that was the problem. The content still disappears upon completion.

Each time I try to download, I check both directories, and the content is in neither.

Archived