Port not connectable

paigelle

At one point I was getting very good download/upload speeds. Then one day, it just stopped. Now the light stays red and says "not connectable". The average speed is 50kB/s (was once getting 1mb/s). I can only achieve that speed when allowing only one torrent to be active. If I have more than one open, the speed will go to roughly .2kB/s. And despite the low speeds, uTorrent is still managing to eat my bandwidth up so much that no other computer in the house can get online.

I've forwarded the ports with my firewall and my router (Netgear N600 WNDR 3400), created a static IP address and even opened all ports. None of it will get rid of that little red light! I've run speed tests at speediest.net, and it said 17.62mb/s download and 6.47mb/s upload. I've done the test with glasnost, and it did not find any indication that my ISP was throttling the p2p. I've fiddled with all of the options under preferences, and nothing has helped. I've changed the download/upload limit so that it matched actual speed. I've connected the laptop directly to the modem, and I've also tried uTorrent on every computer in the house. Whether it is a PC or a Mac, it just doesn't work (though I've noticed the Mac has slightly higher speeds, though it's harder to mess with the settings because the preferences for Mac OS have about 1/10 the options that the Windows version does).

I am not very knowledgable when it comes to bit torrents, but I have been messing with this issue for about two months now, and I feel like I've tried everything to fix this!

And I have read the setup guide in it's entirety, and I can tell you that just leads to more frustration for Mac users, because half of the options aren't even available.

• 1 month later...

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why do i get a yellow triangle saying no incoming connections when either downloading or uploading when i get pretty good speeds. when i get good speeds it turns green, sometimes it goes red but uttorent is still either d/l or u/l, then when i check to see how many are leeching or seeding the share site says i'm not connectable. why is this? cos its doing my head in :mad:

The triangle is not the so called share site. It is an indicator of whether or not you have a network configuration problem.

So you have no message from the so called share site to report? The answers to my other questions are?

Archived