Natty Narwhal config file

Polaris395

I used the .tgz version to install to Ubunutu 11.04. IT runs and everything, but now I want to change my settings and really get this beast going.

Problem: Where is the config file? I've read the manual and it doesn't seem to give a standard location for it. Do I need to create it myself? I would create it myself, I'm just worried that there will be config files and that would lead to some VERY nasty behavior.

Cheers!

Polaris395

Where is the config file? I've read the manual and it doesn't seem to give a standard location for it. Do I need to create it myself? I would create it myself, I'm just worried that there will be config files and that would lead to some VERY nasty behavior.

The configuration file isn't included in the distributed archive. By default, the program looks for a file named utserver.conf the current directory. You can change this behavior by using the -configfile argument to specify the location and name of the configuration file.

Where is the config file? I've read the manual and it doesn't seem to give a standard location for it. Do I need to create it myself? I would create it myself' date=' I'm just worried that there will be config files and that would lead to some VERY nasty behavior. [/quote']

The configuration file isn't included in the distributed archive. By default, the program looks for a file named utserver.conf the current directory. You can change this behavior by using the -configfile argument to specify the location and name of the configuration file.

Ahh okay. Why is it not included in the basic directory, if I might ask? I think that would be a good move.

The configuration file isn't included in the distributed archive.

Why is it not included in the basic directory' date=' if I might ask? I think that would be a good move.[/quote']

It would be eventually. I haven't gotten around to adding a sample configuration file with all options commented out and documented in comments. I believe at least one forum member has posted such a file to the forum.

Archived