xxxxxxxx-xxxx.utt files left behind

joval

I have been successfully running utserver on Ubuntu 11.04 without problems. The only real change is that I upgraded the webui to the 0.383 (latest) version and the difference in functionality is well worth it.

I notice that whenever I add a new torrent via the webui, I leave 0000xxxx-nnnn.utt files in the Download's directory where xxxx is the utserver's pid and nnnn is a sequence number starting from 1 in order to make each file different. These are an exact copy of the torrent file uploaded which is also stored in the Torrent's directory. I can just remove these without harming the way utserver works...

My question to developers is... can these be removed automatically? I guess these are just tempfiles when uploading the torrent, but shouldn't these be created in the Temp directory instead of the Downloads directory?

I notice that whenever I add a new torrent via the webui, I leave 0000xxxx-nnnn.utt files in the Download's directory where xxxx is the utserver's pid and nnnn is a sequence number starting from 1 in order to make each file different.

My question to developers is... can these be removed automatically? I guess these are just tempfiles when uploading the torrent, but shouldn't these be created in the Temp directory instead of the Downloads directory?

I was looking into this in response to another seemingly related post.

Are you defining dir_active or dir_root in utserver.conf? If so, and you don't define dir_temp_files, temp files go into the active directory. You may want to define dir_temp_files in that case; that will result in files whose names have the pattern *.utt being deleted from that directory upon program start.

Archived