utorrent remote "server not responding"

j-donk

I also get this message ( 503: Remote client returned an error

Your remote uTorrent client is unavailable or returned an error. Is the client connected in the Remote Access preferences?

) when trying to connect through "Anywhere access" on my desktop.

I've been playing around with cycling utorrent off/on and can definitely remote access, for a while, until the connection is lost and it has to be cycled again.

The only way I've be able to get around this when I'm away from my desktop is to remote in with my phone, I use Phone my PC, and turn utorrent off/on. This gets me back up again but I would really like to know what I can do to make my connection more stable, the wife thinks its creepy when I "remote in" while shes checking out her blogs. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for digging up a dead body, but this thread will come up when you google-search the errormessage from the uTorrent app - thus I feel it needs more attention than it has gotten.

This fixed it for me:

uTorrent client sometimes removes the tick from the "Enable uTorrent remote acess!" I don't know why. It might be related to updating or whatever. I just cba to debug this myself, I just noticed this question was still open in here.

So, just enable it under Preferences->Remote and hopefully this is it for you aswell. If not, well sorry, this is all I got! :)

• 4 months later...

There have been a lot of poor reviews for the android version of the utorrent remote app and that's mainly because of the connectivity issue. I was facing the same problem for sometime and I finally got around it. Registered in the forum just to share the solution. Hope it works for you guys. :)

1. Firstly, if the error message reads something like "server not responding", check if your computer is running utorrent 3.0 or above.

2. go to Options -> Preferences -> Remote... Check "Enable uTorrent Remote Access". If you have not registered your computer, then select a name and a password. **Make sure you don't provide user name as admin or the name of another computer that's already connected to your network** . When entered, the status changes to "accessible" after registering.

3. Connect from your utorrent remote client by providing the same credentials. You must be able to login.

4. If your rotten luck still doesn't end, try switching off the windows firewall or add exception to your antivirus firewall.

Let me know if you have any queries, I would be glad to sort it out..

Cheers!

At least from my experience, it seems to be a problem with their servers. I get the "Status. Connecting..." in the "Remote" dialog, but it never finishes. Clicking the "Learn More" link on that window opens the browser but the web page never loads. Pinging "remote.utorrent.com" just gives "Request timed out" messages. It looks like they're using Amazon EC2 to host the app, might need to increase capacity? I imagine the hosting costs might be costing a small fortune if a lot of users use this feature, so they may be reluctant to do that.

I'm using uTorrent 3.1.3.

Me too....

.... just a thought on the possible overload. i guess a lot of utorrent users visit piratebay... this has just been blocked by the major isp's in the UK. however, it is still accessible via mobile networks, even one provided by one of the major isps who have blocked access via normal home internet... i think a lot of people like me were looking to add torrents via the mobile network instead using utorrent remote.... bang... there goes the server capacity?

possibly :)

i'd like to know if anyone in the UK can get on utorrent remote right now?!?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi ... im from Argentina, so sorry about my english... but im having a strange problem too...

i installed the app in my mobile (Xperia neo V) 2 days ago, and learn about how enable the remote function in the PC, i register my PC, put a password, and conect... it worked just fine, i connected from my mobile, and enable/disable my torrents perfectly, i've enjoyed the app a lot, but, yesterday i tryed to connect to my PC, and the mobile stuck on "Validation username", and "Error: Server is not responding." ...

so i check my desktop configuraton in utorrent... where everything worked just fine, i now get "State: Reconnecting"... it fails, and try...try...and try again to connect, but never success...

i dont changed anything!... 2 days ago, i was happy about my APP, but now, i dont know why it just stop working...

if u dont understand something coz my english, i'll try to explain it better...

Thanks...

I am experiencing the same problem, and think it must be a problem with the µTorrent server

I am getting 503: Remote client returned an error from the web site remote.utorrent.com, and Status: Not Accessible from the µTorrent client Options Preferences / Remote. Disabling my firewall makes no difference

Like others I have had this working for months until now, but have recently rebuilt my PC and can't be 100% sure that it has ever been working since that

Please could someone from µTorrent who knows please say whether they think this is working at their end?

Thank you

Archived