uTorrent slowly eating all Memory

Ismelda

I don't know how this happens but the longer µtorrent runs the less Memory available I have. This ends up in slowing the whole computer and forces me to close µtorrent which immediately liberate all the used memory. I am using last version of µtorrent with windows 7 and have 8Gb of RAM.

I also noticed that the RAM usage can drop down by itself when a torrent finished downloading but for large torrent which take days to download the strain on the ram is constant and can't drop down...

So this is not really a bug per se but more an issue raised by the usage of µtorrent like a memory leak.

Indeed the µTorrent process itself is not acting weird like using all CPU or being extremely bloated in Memory usage. It is just the available physical memory that is eaten away until there is nothing left to use for other programs.

On very rapid torrents (3Mb/s to 10Mb/s download) I thought it was the system way of dealing with the read/write processes so that a steady flux will access the HD, thus ensuring best performance, but even if I have only slow downloads (less than 1Mb/s download) the physical memory ends up being all dedicated to the torrents.

Archived