uTorrent never quits properly

Stez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here (as described in the "quitting but not" thread).

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=694750#p694750

I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.8 with uTorrent 1.7.13.

Up til a few days ago I was running 1.6.* (don't know the exact version ... never thought I'd need to roll back) without any problems. Then the new version notification popped up and upgraded to 1.7.13. Ever since I get the "Quitting" problem (in the Dock icon) and uTorrent does not quit properly. I've waited for quite some time (10 minutes) and nothing changed. This happened to me for the second time since I updated to the new version.

There's one interesting aspect to this though: if I click on the Dock icon (which still says "Quitting..."), uTorrent's window opens up again and it seems uTorrent runs and responds. But the Dock icon still says that it's "Quitting...". The only difference is that now if I go into the uTorrent menu, the last item (the one with "Quit uTorrent" label) is greyed out and uTorrent does not respond to the Cmd+Q shortcut either. To be more precise: if I hit Cmd+Q, I get the sound that tells me the action failed.

I saved a sample using Activity Monitor and will try to send it to the address (mac@bittorrent.com) specified by vadimt in the 25th comment.

Update: I've sent the sample (the email subject was: "uTorrent process sample for the 32nd comment of the "Troubleshooting (Mac)" / "uTorrent never quits properly" topic")

The "Quitting..." problem is not yet fixed in v1.8.0 build 28575. I've submitted a new Activity Monitor sample via email.

Btw. another symptom is that when this "Quitting..." problem occurs, I've to force close the uTorrent app. And after this the next time I start up uTorrent, all my torrents are reported as being seeded, but in fact they are not. No network traffic occurs and the torrent tracker servers report my torrents as stopped (not being seeded). Stopping and restarting all my torrents in uTorrent fixes this.

Archived