utorrent and constant diskactivity

bozotheclown

Hi there,

I've been a very happy bitcomet user for some time and then utorrent came. utorrent uses a lot less memory and a bit less cpu so I'm a happy camper with utorrent. There is one downside and I think I know why bitcomet uses 65mb on my system vs utorrent 3-5mb.

Bitcomet does caching of files it downloads. This results in a lot less diskactivity in bitcomet then in utorrent. Does this sound as a reasonable explanation? If so.... is it possible to add a caching feature to utorrent without making the memory footprint huge? I'd like there to be less diskactivity.

As stated I am happy with utorrent, it just could be even better then it is allready:)

That's what Delayed-IO Operations is. Options -> Preferences -> Advanced Options. If you don't mind wasting some RAM, set the write queue value a little higher, maybe 2000 or 4000, but vurlix says 500kb/500ms is optimal.

Regardless of this setting, no, the disk cache does not account for the significant difference in memory usage. uTorrent is simply a much smaller and more memory efficient client.

Archived