Stop/Start problem

robpal

Over the last few days I've had this odd problem when DLing some big files (over 1GB) in that it starts to DL with a good increase of speed and then out of nowhere it'll stop and start again. I thought it was just that particular torrent but the same is happening with a completely different one today. Both times the progress bar never goes up, I guess this is because the DL restarts before a whole file piece has been DL'd. The first time this happened I DL'd 1.9GB of a 1.3GB file with no % on the progress bar at all. When I checked the file to see if it was actually complete, this was a negative too.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going wrong?

My Specs:

Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.6

Utorrent 1.5.6

Virgin Media

Over the last few days I've had this odd problem when DLing some big files (over 1GB) in that it starts to DL with a good increase of speed and then out of nowhere it'll stop and start again. I thought it was just that particular torrent but the same is happening with a completely different one today. Both times the progress bar never goes up, I guess this is because the DL restarts before a whole file piece has been DL'd. The first time this happened I DL'd 1.9GB of a 1.3GB file with no % on the progress bar at all. When I checked the file to see if it was actually complete, this was a negative too.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going wrong?

My Specs:

Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.6

Utorrent 1.5.6

Virgin Media

How did the UI look for that torrents at the moment? What was the status? How many peers/seeds did it show? Could you please send me a screenshot of the client UI at the moment? This will help to understand the details!

I had quit the torrent because it wasn't working but I restarted it again today and the same thing is still happening. I've taken 2 screenshots. The first shows the normal DL and the second shows what happens at random times during the DL.

utor1.jpg

utor2.jpg

As you can see, the total downloaded amount if more than the sum of the individual files in the lower pane.

Archived