Error: Access Denied.

Acora

This has most likely been brought up before, but I haven't been able to find a thread that deals with it that has helped in the least. Whenever I download a torrent, I get the message "Error: Access is denied." From what I've read, this has something to do with my firewall, but I don't know how to change anything to fix the problem. I'm incredibly nontech-savvy, so I'm not sure how to solve this on my own. I have Windows Vista, and while I don't believe I've downloaded any new firewall programs, I have downloaded two alternate security programs, Norton Security Suite and Microsoft Security Essentials. MacAfee is also installed on the computer, but my subscription for it has long run out, since it came on the computer as default. Does anyone know how I can get it to stop denying access? Any help in advance would be greatly appreciated.

From what I've read, this has something to do with my firewall

It's not.

Double-check the security properties of your download folder. Make sure your user account has full control.

Again, I'm completely lacking in any tech skills whatsoever. Therefore, I really don't know how to do either of those.

Edit: Also, I know that's your standard response for this kind of thread, and after looking around, I can tell that you're most likely not going to reply back, but simply posting that and then ignoring the very large possibility that your users might not have as much tech knowledge as you do isn't really helpful. Just saying.

Can someone who is actually interested in helping stop by and give me a bit of info, please? I know it's technically not your problem when it comes to tech issues outside of the program itself, but since I can't get the program to work, I'd really like some assistance. At least, some assistance that amounts to more then simply a copy-paste response and then silence?

Archived