Utorrent 3.0 problems with dns

alpha45

Using utorrent 3.0 in the windows event log appear many DNS errors.

In my wireless card I set off configration dns protocol ivp6, set IP ivp4 192.168.1.1; dns 194.243.154.62 195.31.190.31 !

In the router I have set the following DNS: autodescovery

Error:

-Timeout name resolution for the name 9.8.d.f.d.9.1.c.b.e.2.3.d.d.0.2.b.f.9.7.5.f.e.5.0.0.0.0.1.0.0.2.ip6. No configured DNS servers responded

-Timeout name resolution for the bittorrent-tracker name _. _ tcp.it. No DNS servers configured responded.

-Timeout name resolution for the bittorrent-tracker name _. _ tcp.telecomitalia.it. No DNS servers configured responded.

-Timeout name resolution for the bittorrent-tracker name _. _ tcp.retail.telecomitalia.it. No DNS servers configured responded.

-Timeout name resolution for the bittorrent-tracker name _. _ tcp.232-95-r.retail.telecomitalia.it. No DNS servers configured responded.

-Timeout name resolution for the bittorrent-tracker name _. _ tcp.host53-140-dynamic.232-95-r.retail.telecomitalia.it. No DNS servers configured responded.

-The connection icon is always yellow despite the upload functions.

-Automated setup does not maintain the configuration saved.

-I must point out that if I go into menu/Help/verification updates, I was given a response "failed to contact server"

You have any suggestions?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Its not the security software. I went through hell for a few days since I'm abit of a utorrent addict. I have the utorrent 3.0 version and if it was running and downloading a torrent, the utorrent would work but internet's dns server would not be responding. I have a wired connection to my router on a home wifi network and I would be sending out info my router to my dns server but would not get anything back. Something in the new utorrent version is causing the dns server to not work correctly. Now that I know the issue I only use utorrent client when I dont want to get on the internet and haven't had a problem since. I DO know that that is the issue because if I have it running and downloading when I try to connect it wont on a webpage, the second I completely exit out of utorrent client, I can refresh the page and in a few seconds the computer is its usual speedy self.

Archived