Server Does not support this client error in speed test

trickie

I have been getting this error for days. I had originally hoped it was an intermittent failure that would resolve itself eventually but must now concede that this is not the case. I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions I can find and nothing has resolved the issue. I have ascertained that everything is configured properly. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling utorrent. At present I can only download one file at a time and it will not exceep 24 kb/s. Any suggestions on how to recctify this? I am using Windows 7 with both windows firewall and McAfee and utorrent is allowed through both.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been getting this error for days. I had originally hoped it was an intermittent failure that would resolve itself eventually but must now concede that this is not the case. I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions I can find and nothing has resolved the issue. I have ascertained that everything is configured properly. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling utorrent. At present I can only download one file at a time and it will not exceep 24 kb/s. Any suggestions on how to recctify this? I am using Windows 7 with both windows firewall and McAfee and utorrent is allowed through both.

1. The error message isn't relevant for you. Just ignore the Speed Test. The developers might look into this.

2. 1 file at a time is probably the proper setting for you.

3. 24 kB/s is probably all that other user are willing to upload to you.

4. Sounds to me that all is fine. Not every torrent you can download at high/max speed.

I would agree with you if this had always been the case or if it was only the odd file that downloaded at this speed. Hpwever it is every file and I use to enjoy speeds that were much higher. Also my brother is able on the same internet connection to download much faster and more files at once.

From "Help":

"Because of the very nature of BitTorrent, speeds are not guaranteed for any given torrent swarm. While you may get great speeds in one swarm, you might not in another. This is due to the fact that BitTorrent is a P2P protocol, so it depends on the upload speeds of the other peers you are connected to to generate your download speeds. A common misconception held by many people is that torrent swarms that contain more seeds and peers are faster than those with less. This is not always the case. There can be a swarm with only a few seeds and/or peers on fast Internet connections, and you'll be able to get great speeds from them, while a swarm with many more seeds and/or peers might contain mostly people with slow, dial-up Internet connections, will get you terrible speeds from them. In the same vein, connecting to more seeds and/or peers does not equate to greater speeds, and seeds don't necessarily give better speeds than normal peers."

Archived