BTGuard or my seedbox screwed up my utorrent?

torrentfed

hi

i got a seedbox a couple of months ago. soon after that i subscribed to BTGuard cause i thought i needed it due to recent reports on the net that the ISPs were now monitoring bittorrent traffic and would send messages to the owner that it violates their rules or something like that. anyway i know now it was a dumb decision to get btguard if i had a seedbox. i learned that shortly after getting the btguard account. i think i had BTGuard for like a day and then ended it upon learning it wasn't needed and that seedboxes have their own encryption. anyway i noticed today the software was still on my HDD and i used the uninstaller and it wouldn't work. it didn't appear in program removal in Windows. so i used Revo Uninstaller Pro to uninstall it and it seemed to work.

also i noticed for the past few months my utorrent wouldn't work right. it wouldn't pick up any torrents to seed and if it did it would be like 0. something in k/bs for a few seconds and then stop. downloading torrents on there seems to work fine. plus the green icon on the right hand corner goes from green to yellow after every min or so. could this all be because of btguard putting in some settings for my utorrent or the fact that i have a seedbox now? can someone please help me figure this out? i would really really appreciate it. i don't want to have to use Deluge or some other torrent program instead of utorrent. that is if it works for me.

thanks in advance.

no i haven't done that yet. i will try that but before i do that can you confirm if that won't erase my current list of torrents, their progress, and labels? i just wanna know for sure. cause if i recall that stuff is stored in the settings.dat files from what i read in the past.

ok. i removed the settings files and everything seems to be better. i'm getting some downloads going and some torrents are seeding. but only a few. i have over a hundred. i find it hard to believe that there isn't many seeders for the majority of my stuff. is there anything else i should try, Dread? do you think my problem had something to do with BTGuard or my seedbox? cause like i said it started around that time of getting those. let me know when you can. and thanks so far with your helpful info Dread.

I think problem is not with your seedbox coz a seed box often functions as a faster downloading and uploading medium rather then decreasing it. Maybe you are not linked wit torrents with sufficient seeders resulting in the slower downloading rate. Its just my view, rest google it and try to find your answer hope it should help out.

Also you can try another bit torrent client , first choice Bittorrent 7.2.1 the latest stable release. Dont go for aplha version.

true regarding seedbox. it probably is the lack of seeders. but i still find it odd cause out almost 150 torrents from hd movies, music, games, dvds, etc i only get at most 3 torrents active at times. i am convinced that damn btguard screwed with my settings. i've done plenty of googling regarding this. maybe im not using the right terms. but i'd like to stick with utorrent. but i did consider using deluge. but it seems not as user friendly as utorrent. does you or anyone else out there have some further advice. is there some kind of logfile i can generate and then post to show you guys up close what's going on with my utorrent.

Archived