µTorrent 3.1 Release Candidate 11

Firon

Hello. This release program is very large memory consumption. This is a permanent memory leak. After an hour of relaxed utorrent was consumed 250Megabayt and memory consumption are increasing.

P.S: 112 Torrent: 10 invalid, 80 completed and stopped, 22 active, 2-6 is always active.

My upload speed is usually about 2-4 Mbit \ sec. You have my attention for further development. Please release an update soon to fix a memory leak. Thank you.

20110918194942windows.jpg

20110918210535torrent3.th.jpg

crash : http://www.mediafire.com/?plku201eo1a262g

This is now fixed.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of our engineers made a clever suggestion: save the resume data for each torrent in a separate file. Those files are being stored in %appdata%\utorrent\resume_dir

Hello. 3 questions about that:

1/ How will the users be able to edit hundred resume.dat files if they need to migrate %appdata%\utorrent to another computer or change the drive letter which has changed? (it's a frequent question on the board)

Will they have to edit 200 or 300 files with BEncode Editor?

We need an en-masse editor of resume.dat folder.

2/ What about the perfs? Are you sure saving the torrent list into hundred files doesn't imply a disk fragmentation that will slow the application during starting/deleting a batch of torrents?

3/ Honestly, why do you not use a SQLite database file as Firefox does to store its history, cookies, bookmarks etc?

Firefox is able to manage a single SQLite file with a size of 40 or 70 MB.

One of our engineers made a clever suggestion: save the resume data for each torrent in a separate file. Those files are being stored in %appdata%\utorrent\resume_dir

Hello. 3 questions about that:

1/ How will the users be able to edit hundred resume.dat files if they need to migrate %appdata%\utorrent to another computer or change the drive letter which has changed? (it's a frequent question on the board)

Will they have to edit 200 or 300 files with BEncode Editor?

We need an en-masse editor of resume.dat folder.

2/ What about the perfs? Are you sure saving the torrent list into hundred files doesn't imply a disk fragmentation that will slow the application during starting/deleting a batch of torrents?

3/ Honestly' date=' why do you not use a SQLite database file as Firefox does to store its history, cookies, bookmarks etc?

Firefox is able to manage a single SQLite file with a size of 40 or 70 MB.[/quote']

1) Editing resume.dat isn't the right way to go about this, honestly. It's really just something we need to make easier in the client.

2) It already does this with every torrent files. It doesn't get much slower on the i/o level.

3) SQLite is heavy and complex. This is simple, fast and easy (and doesn't require another library).

"Fix: DHT responses would sometimes be invalid"

Still see weird things with DHT. At one point I have 10 peers max. A few minutes later there are 25 peers. Clear peer list, announce and I see 8 peers. It looks like sometimes the peers number is increased dramatically.

Still see weird things with DHT. At one point I have 10 peers max. A few minutes later there are 25 peers. Clear peer list, announce and I see 8 peers. It looks like sometimes the peers number is increased dramatically.

This has nothing to do with that. There's nothing weird going on. You just don't always get the same number of peers from the initial request to the network. Don't clear your peerlist.

Still see weird things with DHT. At one point I have 10 peers max. A few minutes later there are 25 peers. Clear peer list' date=' announce and I see 8 peers. It looks like sometimes the peers number is increased dramatically.[/quote']

This has nothing to do with that. There's nothing weird going on. You just don't always get the same number of peers from the initial request to the network. Don't clear your peerlist.

I'm talking about an increase within minutes (between two announces one after the other) and not from the initial request to the network. If I'm used to see around 10 peers in DHT and 25 peers on the next announce, I don't understand why it happens so fast. And I see around 330 peers on 3.0.

Edit: Seeing it again. Got 27 peers and didn't like it. Cleared peers list after less than 5 minutes, announced and got 6. It looks like each announce gives a different numbers of peers.

Got 3 seeding torrents, 1 on hard disk and 2 on a USB device. "Completed" and "Seeding" shows (3) but the only torrent that is there is the one on the hard disk.

Also, "Clear peer list" doesn't change the (X) numbers in "Seeds" and "Peers" columns immediately. I see the correct numbers only later.

Archived