µTorrent 3.1 Release Candidate 11

Firon

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copy your peer list from the peers tab and see, I'm betting at least two or three of the addresses point at your own computer.

True, but there are also others. Created another new file and torrent and it has already 5 peers in total.

Edit: removed quoted peers list.

Copy your peer list from the peers tab and see' date=' I'm betting at least two or three of the addresses point at your own computer.[/quote']

True, but there are also others (5 in total as last one is ipv6 alias for the first one):

-- cut out --

I have Reported your post, because I don't like that you post public other torrent users with port and everything, because then you wrote everything, you just gave, some hackers and other bad persons ip and ports there posible are open on others system

I have Reported your post, because I don't like that you post public other torrent users with port and everything, because then you wrote everything, you just gave, some hackers and other bad persons ip and ports there posible are open on others system

I was just following the instructions DreadWingKnight gave - to copy peers list.

Anyway - anyone can create a random torrent and retrieve some people IP addresses and ports that way. Isn't it a bigger security risk?

This window is still broken:

c52f78157377058.jpg

It doesn't remember the size I set it at. My guess is that this is a simple bug to fix, given the fact that the other windows, including the one from RSS Downloader keep their size after we resize them to fit our needs.

It's a bug present since early builds of 3.0 and 3.0.1 and 3.1.0 have the same bug. We'll have this bug until uTorrent reaches version 200 ? I reported this bug every time, even for Plus, but no improvements.

Hello.

(Happened once when uT crashed, seems to be ok for the other times)

1135073683.PNG

This button does anything...

1135074368.PNG

An option to hide Feeds would be cool, in the left panel.

Extremely laggy : 1135076126.png

CPU usage is heavier and heavier (relase after release, even worst). Between 10-40% (more between 10-20% with uT 3.0). Whitout speaking about disk I/O problems since 3.x !

uT should be renamed without u, one of these days or stop developping it and focus on Bittorrent... :mad:

Why uT team doesn't use a ticket system instead of a forum ?

Why changelogs appears always weeks after the releases ?

Why 64-bit releases aren't on the same development stage as 32-bit ones ?

Cheers.

PS: Hope to see some improvements about Disk I/O...

Cache also doesn't seem to ever empty still and I get Disk overloaded 100% fairly regularly since 3.x, not so the case with 2.x - 3.1 does seem to improve the situation, but 3.0 was terribly broken...

Edit: Very pleased with build 26419 (beta now? changelog?). Much better than the alpha build I'd tried a while back. Disk cache seems to behave a lot better (or at least it doesn't reach disk overload), I can still turn off/trick uTorrent into not using all the new features I dislike (advanced options, appstore to about:blank, making dummy files to block creation of apps/cache folders, etc.); overall it's looking great!

I even set resume.dir_only = *true and that seems to be working very well.

Here's a bug: gui.tall_category_list = *false breaks the sizing of the torrent list vs. the details pane. Also even when gui.tall_category_list = true the category list can't be resized smaller than a certain width.

Another possible bug?: When torrent with small peice sizes reach endgame mode I'm getting a lot of hash fails, even though the peers it's receiving from are µTorrent 2.2.1+. This would explain why people are seeing a lot of torrents "stuck" at 99%, no? Might also just be small peice size torrents in general with hash fails. The two I'm on right now have a 128 kB peice size.

On 26419 there is still the issue of torrents stuck on 99%-ish. Really bothers me... BTW piece size does not relate to this issue - I have issues with 1mb pieces.

hashfail issue has nothing to do with piece size, just the ocurance of any hashfails!

Haven't managed to find a bad torrent yet to test new build on, yet.

On 26419 there is still the issue of torrents stuck on 99%-ish. Really bothers me... BTW piece size does not relate to this issue - I have issues with 1mb pieces.

I concur, issue still present on 26419 - just ahd 3/3 stuck at 99%. Stop torrent and force recheck goes to 100% right away.

Mm yeah, I take it all back, just had 3 torrents get stuck at 99%, 512kB piece size. Then when I stopped them and hit Force Recheck for all 3 µTorrent froze with Disk Overloaded 100%. Had to kill it in Task Manager... Reopened and it still has the crash bug of forgetting window width and torrent list height.. So yeah, reopening it started to redownload all 3 again, and of course Disk Overloaded 100% again.. 192/32mb on the Disk Statistics tab... not good, not good.

"Stuck" peices in Disk Cache + Force recheck = Hang.

Hang + Kill process = Forgotten window width and torrent list height.

Disk overload is definitely a µTorrent problem since I have paused all torrents except one and watched the write cache fill up to Disk Overloaded 100%, then I pause that torrent too. The Pieces tab stays full of completed pieces (32/32 blocks completed on many pieces) for ages, then, even though there is 0 other activitiy on this disk, it slowly writes them out, showing as sawteeth (from 0 to 128kB) on the right write graph (currently showing from 0 to 1). Is this a hashing issue? Why aren't these "finished pieces" getting written immediately as the Disk Cache options state? Looks like they're being written out as "untouched blocks" every 2 minutes instead, no?

Archived