µTorrent 3.1 Release Candidate 11

Firon

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firon , AdamK , DreadWingKnight , Ultima , Greg Hazel , arvid

Hello!

We are from Russian ISP community http://forum.nag.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=70838&st=0 and have some suggestions about peer policy usage:

Because of complicated network design of some ISP's usage of bep22 option will return unsatisfying results.

We offer to use http://peerpolicy.local/announce.xml as default isp.peer_policy_url variable.

If network design is not allowing to use bep22 correctly, this default will guarantee utorrent to access peer policy file on certain ISPs.

Please show example of using bep22 option to show correct usage of isp.peer_policy_url with bep22, if client able to fill isp.peer_policy_url from bep22 lookups

Sorry, I forgot to hit submit when I was pasting in the new changelog. :P

We've fixed another shutdown hang and also removed the special 99.9% state that meant "writing to disk." Now there's an actual progress state that says this and also has a number with how many disk jobs are left to complete.

If you see it get stuck on a number forever (like say, 1), please take a dump of uT with Task Manager and submit it to me. In Task Manager, go to Processes, right click on utorrent.exe and click 'Create Dump File'.

UI bug:

I use reverse sorting by 'completed on' column to make recently downloaded torrents appear first in the list. In 3.1RC2 torrents sometimes complete but column remains empty for them like forever. And so they keep hanging above among torrents still being downloaded. 3.0 was ok.

update: Also I see number in '#' column for these torrents even though they are in seeding state.

UI suggestion:

When I create trackerless torrent there is an are-you-sure yes-no dialog. Now when save-as dialog appears at the beginning it's quite strange to first ask where do I want to save it and then ask if-I'm-sure. Maybe you should reverse the order. Maybe you could make it a single dialog that both asks me where to save it and reminds me that I have no trackers specified.

3.1 RC2 Build 26508 still produces an error (utorrent.log) with text

List of unknown strings in the language file:

To transfer converted files to your Android device\n you must first mount it.

List of strings not found in the language file:

To transfer converted files to your Android device\n you must first mount it.*

even if the utorrent.exe.lang.txt is correct.

3.1 RC2 Build 26508 still produces an error (utorrent.log) with text

List of unknown strings in the language file:

To transfer converted files to your Android device\n you must first mount it.

List of strings not found in the language file:

To transfer converted files to your Android device\n you must first mount it.*

even if the utorrent.exe.lang.txt is correct.

This is fixed in RC3 by stripping the final *

Didn't read all 12 pages but this is not listed in known issues so I'm posting. Apologies if this is in fact a known issue.

Security Question is not being recognized in Remote Access.

There is already a computer using the username "<ComputerName>".

If this username is yours, please enter your security answer below to confirm your identity and transfer the username to this computer.

The message repeats if the correct security answer is given. If an incorrect security answer is given, the following message is shown:

That was not the correct security answer for the username "<ComputerName>".

If this username is yours, please enter your security answer below to confirm your identity and transfer the username to this computer.

EDIT: uTorrent 3.1 (build 26519) [32-bit] on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

EDIT2: It seems to eventually work if uTorrent is left running and it keeps attempting to reconnect. If uTorrent is restarted, remote becomes inaccessible again for some time. I can't provide a specific amount of time since I wasn't checking consistently. But since there's a workaround, this is probably a low priority fix. Cheers!

"upgraded" to 3.1b26519

lost at least 6 torrents that was forced-downloading.

expiriencing complete mess-up in torrents list, coz a lot of STOPPED torrents started.

and "add torrent" dialog window STILL dont save it`s position&size...

no, thanks, reverting...

sorry. my bad. i lost about 40 torrents of different statuses.

possible couse: about month ago i tried new 3.1 alpha (RC1?). found nothing intresting, reverted to 3.0. today torrent declared posibility to upgrade to 3.1rc3. as far as i can say, all torrents that was downloaded after downgrading from 3.1rc1, missing.

with diskio.low_prio_disk = false ?

I have massive hash fails with adv->diskio.low_prio_disk = false at high speeds over LAN :(

Tried it both ways, seems to work now for me. Set to false I just tried slackware again to max out my connection (also over LAN): My system gets super laggy (old machine) but no hashfail issues. The cache sometimes remaining full of unwritten pieces after I delete a torrent (+ data) is the big issue I'm seeing now.

Yes I believe I did, and I just tried it again to be sure.

~2.0MB/s, ~500MB downloaded so far, 0 hashfails.

I also notice that it seems harder to exceed the write cache limits at high speeds with diskio.low_prio_disk = *false, it only gets close and then mass flushes.

Edit: You may be right! 1.5GB downloaded now, and piece 2161 (of 2167 in the slackware x86 complete torrent) is repeatedly hashfailing.

Archived