µTorrent 3.1 Release Candidate 11

Firon

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure: Options | Streaming -> Uncheck "Use default player" and MPC is set up in the pulldown.

They've 'broken' it, osmosis...

I think this button is also not showing/printing/displaying the ETA for streaming any more after a few minutes :( Probably has to do with the generally still-lagging (broken...) nature of the whole GUI in the 3.1 "line" ...

Probably has to do with the generally still-lagging (broken...) nature of the whole GUI in the 3.1 "line" ...

Make that 3.x, things have never been quite as snappy since we left 2.x. Playback/streaming buttons, general scrolling, speed graphs... the list goes on.

A few regressions I'm seeing using RC5:

- Nothing in the Detailed Info pane (in any tab but Logger) refreshes while I'm looking at it anymore. Status Bar also fails to update.

- It doesn't do a recheck after I used Relocate to select an existing completed file - forced me to download again.

- Adding a torrent where a file existed with the same name did do a recheck, but it created an extra file, even though I had set it to skip this file in the Add dialog.

And of course:

- Still able to reproduce the massively exceeded write cache as described in #3 of my main buglist post (dump included).

- Also still able to get it to hashfail pieces repeatedly as described in #4, so perhaps the hash issue isn't entirely fixed yet. :( I took a uTorrent dump while this was happening too in case it's useful. It has also been added to the post.

Please respond to the other items in that post as well. Thank you.

with RC5 the status bar data refresh very slowly: DHT nodes, download and upload speed, the title bar updates and displays correctly.

also in the sidebar it says/displays wrong:

"Torrents": 4171, displays all torrents in the main window/list

"No Label": 49, displays 49 torrents in the main window/list

"Labels": 4171, displays 4122 torrents in the main window/list

so either the "Labels" displays the wrong number, or the "Labels"' main window/list doesn't display the list of the "No Label".

Also at the sidebar the "Completed" says: 482, when only 39 torrents are completed.

with RC4-5 the GUI doesn't hang anymore, only sometimes reacts a little bit slower, for example scrolling up and down, when the currently viewed category's list contains 40-50 torrents.

RC5 up with a few more fixes.

The endless hashfails are now fixed. The bug has always been there (and it was smart_hash), but it became much more likely to get triggered because of a change we made.

Just FWIW:

The hashfails I was running into do seem to be fixed.

Like others have reported my Details pane doesn't seem to refresh.

(utorrent-3.1-26545 on Win 7 64-bit)

[Edit]

I spoke too soon: Tho things were working great ealier this morning, now I'm back to hashfails which ban the only seed of the TED talks torrents.

Also tho earlier the write disk cache seemed to be nominally working (e.g. tho there were 40 - 70 writes a second to the cache there were only 4 or so writes a second to the disk.) Now I'm getting essentially the same number of writes / second to the cache and to the disk. Before any of the 3.1 betas I only got writes to the disk every 5 seconds or so whether or not I disabled the OS's disk cacheing. With any of the 3.1 betas the disk gets written to often no matter what.

RC5 doesn't hang on startup but when started for the first time it looked like hang for a couple of minutes. I have even made a dump but then noticed that uT finally returned to life.

And there's another trouble: it shows zero speeds in status bar though download and upload are in progress (real, non-zero download and upload speeds are shown in columns).

RC5 - 99,9% problem exist

in logger on last piece FAILED HASH CHECK

and this piece re downloading forever

after reinstall 3.01 problem disappeared and torrent complete.

Windows read/write cache disabled

write after finish immediately - on

Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit

- Also still able to get it to hashfail pieces repeatedly as described in #4, so perhaps the hash issue isn't entirely fixed yet. :( I took a uTorrent dump while this was happening too in case it's useful. It has also been added to the post.

Please respond to the other items in that post as well. Thank you.

Could you both try disabling diskio.smart_hash to see if your problem goes away?

Could you both try disabling diskio.smart_hash to see if your problem goes away?

Pieces 2166, 2147, 2088 of that same slackware torrent all repeatedly hashfail, even with diskio.smart_hash = *false, and again it happens more readily when diskio.low_prio_disk = *false.

Archived