µTorrent 3.1 Release Candidate 11

Firon

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a separate note: RC8 still isn't up on the download servers it seems.

Nothing ni the changelog regarding the hash fails :(

I have confirmed the issue with your torrent and mine (ubuntu http://releases.ubuntu.com/11.10/ubuntu-11.10-desktop-i386.iso.torrent ). Both download well in 3.01 and fail in 3.1 - multiple hashes plus not completing the download.

I think they simply have a bug in the new hash implementation and should re-fix it . No sense checking it any more.. :(

uTorrent (RC7) crashes every time I connect my phone (HTC G1) to the USB to be charged.

Started with RC6 or RC5.

Any way to disable this "device" function altogether in settings; not planning on using utorrent to automatically transfer files there.

We believe this is fixed in the December 7 build. Please let us know if you see it after that.

I think they simply have a bug in the new hash implementation and should re-fix it . No sense checking it any more.. :(

The hash failures turned out to be specific for the ted torrents. Probably what happened was that ted.com changed their videos (maybe new encodes), and our torrent generator did not re-generate the torrent files.

The hash failures turned out to be specific for the ted torrents. Probably what happened was that ted.com changed their videos (maybe new encodes)' date=' and our torrent generator did not re-generate the torrent files.[/quote']

I didn't write that ;), it was rafi, but I believe he was talking about the more general infinite hashfail pieces issue (#4 in my buglist post), not the TED one which FredSam43 had reported.

About the RC9.. I took the time to register just to post this shoot about hashfails.. (first ever torrent downloaded with RC9):

oallpaade.jpg

Caption: over a file of size 287Mb, downloaded 3.23Gb of hasfails :\

bayimg.com/oAlLPaaDE

.. unbelievable (whatever the correct spelling is) :o:lol:

uTorrent shifted from being a speedy magical program, as it was until 2.2.1, up to this incredible wanna-do-more-than-just-download attitude (no offense, but just to give the figure).

P.S. Btw, where are the tags to post resized linked images on this board?

About the RC9.. I took the time to register just to post this shoot about hashfails.. (first ever torrent downloaded with RC9):

oallpaade.jpg

Caption: over a file of size 287Mb, downloaded 3.23Gb of hasfails :\

bayimg.com/oAlLPaaDE

.. unbelievable (whatever the correct spelling is) :o:lol:

uTorrent shifted from being a speedy magical program, as it was until 2.2.1, up to this incredible wanna-do-more-than-just-download attitude (no offense, but just to give the figure).

P.S. Btw, where are the tags to post resized linked images on this board?

--UPDATE

The same torrent trashing for 6 hours moved to the old 2.2.1 was immediately reported as finished !?!? so.. data was always there, hostage of uTorrent?

About the RC9.. I took the time to register just to post this shoot about hashfails.. (first ever torrent downloaded with RC9): ...

--UPDATE

The same torrent trashing for 6 hours moved to the old 2.2.1 was immediately reported as finished !?!? so.. data was always there' date=' hostage of uTorrent?[/quote']

I don't think you need to run it through 2.2.1 to get it to finish. When it started doing that, I just stopped it, forced a re-check and that was the end of it. But yeah, this bug is more than a mere annoyance and has no business existing in a RC, let alone RC9. Let's see if this new RC (9.5 or 10 or whatever) means something new on this front.

About the RC9.. I took the time to register just to post this shoot about hashfails.. (first ever torrent downloaded with RC9): ...

--UPDATE

The same torrent trashing for 6 hours moved to the old 2.2.1 was immediately reported as finished !?!? so.. data was always there' date=' hostage of uTorrent?[/quote']

I don't think you need to run it through 2.2.1 to get it to finish. When it started doing that, I just stopped it, forced a re-check and that was the end of it. But yeah, this bug is more than a mere annoyance and has no business existing in a RC, let alone RC9. Let's see if this new RC (9.5 or 10 or whatever) means something new on this front.

Tnx, never noticed the "Force Re check" feature :rolleyes: - I'll give it a try ;)

P.S. Forgot to mention, uTorrent build is 26586.

Archived