µTorrent 3.1 Release Candidate 11

Firon

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Are there any specific situations you notice this happening?

I've just switched from 3.0 to 3.1 (25788) and I have the same issue:

utorrent_25788_bugs.png

And also, issue #2: it shows tracker status like "updating..." or just empty, but all of them are working and it is showing correctly in 3.0.

where did you get 25789 from ? ... aha.. it is a v3.01 build ... :)

LOL That's right Rafi. made yeah think about that one for a sec huh? jk jk

I will say im sticking with just 3.0 unto the file relocation problem is fixed bc i have been transferring files all day and night from one HD to another and its very aggravating I'll leave it at that... lol

Well I have looked on each page in here and so far the only issue I have this is with the bandwidth limit for utorrent itself.

The global download rate limiting

Maximum download rate (kB/s):[0:unlimited]

I have this set to 40kb max, upload is 3kb, and even though it is set as that and I have even gone as far as to reload the build 25788, it still governs at whatever speed it seems fit to run at.

This is sorta bad beings I got limited bandwidth to play with here and to use my magicjack and to have 3 others online doing things, so I really don't want to be sucking up all the bandwidth.

I have even tried to d/l one at a time and it can still go wideopen on d/l bandwidth with just one file, plz check into that issue. I got lowest DSL and I got to keep everyone happy ya know.

and so far the only issue I have this is with the bandwidth limit for utorrent itself.

check pref.->bandwidth->apply rate limit to uTP connections

Yes thanks, that did fix the issue of it not setting the correct limit of bandwidth, I think for one when I installed build 25788, it cleared some of the settings, cause I do believe I use to have that clicked in 2.2.1 version. In fact, pretty sure I did, but thanks Rafi.

DARK

Bug with focus. I'm trying to rename a row in table with dynamic sorting (Last active). So, during renaming rows can change their position. But at the time I finish renaming - I will rename row at initially selected position, but not initially selected row.

Actually here are more bugs with the same root - no sense to describe them all, they should disappear after fixing this one.

utorrent_25788_bugs1.png

Just installed this alpha and uTorrent is consuming my CPU constantly. I think it's not possible for me to test it with this problem at this time.

Update 1: Just noticed that the problem started with the latest release of utorrent x64, now it passed to latest alpha of 3.1 and now it's also happening after installing the latest 3.0 stable release. Could there be problems with my settings?

Update 2: Yeah, I deleted all files except .torrent and resume.dat, and now it's working fine (at least it's not consuming my CPU)

Windows 7 x64 Pro SP1

Intel E7200 CPU

4GB 800Mhz DDR2 RAM

Asus p5g41-m le MoBo

I do not see why, but for some reason uTorrent won't auto-update for me... It always says that my version is the latest. It''s true both for 3.0 and for 3.1 versions. And I have the "update to betas", too... What maybe the issue?

It seems more like a feature. :D

I do not see why' date=' but for some reason uTorrent won't auto-update for me... It always says that my version is the latest. It''s true both for 3.0 and for 3.1 versions. And I have the "update to betas", too... What maybe the issue?[/quote']

It seems more like a feature. :D

3.0 - not being on the stable auto-update server - DOES seem to be a 'feature' (intentional)

3.1 - not being auto-updated - is Firon's bug... tho, you can say it's an alpha, and not a beta... :P

Hello. This release program is very large memory consumption. This is a permanent memory leak. After an hour of relaxed utorrent was consumed 250Megabayt and memory consumption are increasing.

P.S: 112 Torrent: 10 invalid, 80 completed and stopped, 22 active, 2-6 is always active.

My upload speed is usually about 2-4 Mbit \ sec. You have my attention for further development. Please release an update soon to fix a memory leak. Thank you.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1494/20110918194942windows.jpg

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3159/20110918210535torrent3.th.jpg

crash : http://www.mediafire.com/?plku201eo1a262g

build 25788 on windows 7 still has the memory leak.

I'm running five torrents, with two downloading at present. 190Mb on UT after a couple of hours.

26 peers on one, rest about a half dozen each, so not under heavy load of anything!

Hello. This release program is very large memory consumption. This is a permanent memory leak. After an hour of relaxed utorrent was consumed 250Megabayt and memory consumption are increasing.

P.S: 112 Torrent: 10 invalid' date=' 80 completed and stopped, 22 active, 2-6 is always active.

My upload speed is usually about 2-4 Mbit \ sec. You have my attention for further development. Please release an update soon to fix a memory leak. Thank you.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1494/20110918194942windows.jpg

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3159/20110918210535torrent3.th.jpg

crash : http://www.mediafire.com/?plku201eo1a262g

build 25788 on windows 7 still has the memory leak.

I'm running five torrents, with two downloading at present. 190Mb on UT after a couple of hours.

26 peers on one, rest about a half dozen each, so not under heavy load of anything!

I have the same problem.

After the client is running for hours, phyical memory is consumed about 50% more(about 3.5-4G) while the utorrent itself uses about 800MB in the windows task manger.

Archived