utorrent 3.2 trayicon does not detect click when minimized to tray

fnukyguy

installed utorrent 3 - 25583build yesterday...

when utorrent is minimized to tray, sometimes the utorrent-window does not open when I left click the tray-icon (bottom right corner next to the clock).

Even if I click it a hundred times, nothing happens...

I have to rightclick the icon and select "hide/show utorrent" to get the window back...

never had this bug with any versions before 3.0

I have "single click on tray icon to open" enabled, dont know if it matters...

I don't know the exact steps to reproduce the bug, it just happens randomly...

this is damn annoying

anyone else getting this? please inform if you do, then there is a higher chance of getting it fixed

windows 7 64 bit, utorrent 3 - 25583 build 32bit

• 2 months later...

Hello devs!

I have the same problem (µTorrent v3.1.0.26595, Windows 7 x64) with these settings:

aead893ec17deb576018c75ed6cadcf4.png

02193c81bbf37419e9442925d3afe75c.png

After µTorrent start, when I close it (to tray) I need then right click on tray icon to repair left click action (show / hide). If just try to click nothing will happen. This has been manifested since I started use version 3.0. Nothing similar had been on v2.2.1.

Even more info emerges to reveal nature of this bug if you try to uncheck "Always show tray icon" option and then close main window (after restart, of course). The tray icon won't show up. To bring it back launch µTorrent second time and then close again. Now everything work as supposed to.

Also it's inconvenient to not have separate option for CLOSE µTorrent with Windows start (start it only with tray icon), if you want to minimize it to taskbar when it minimized. Again, in v2.2.1 everything worked very well.

So, please fix this. Thanks for µTorrent!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For now I'm enabled "Minimize minimizes uT to tray" and it's works. But this is not fix nevertheless...

Also, "Add New Torrent" dialog still not fixed completely: though it's size is remembering now, the position always resetting to approximately center of screen and it's not good anyway, because centering performs not in usual way (like bring center of dialog window to center of screen) but something I can't think of: most part of window (but not entirely) appear in Right-Bottom square of the screen. This is just silly. Please mend it.

• 6 months later...

I would suggest starting a new thread as this one is quite old and starts off by mentioning the 3.0 version, this may well cause it to be ignored as the 3.0 version is most likely not supported any more. And yes, I have had this problem now and again, I usually get around it by double clicking on the desktop icon as though I was just starting it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This SIMPLE feature of being able to minimize the program with left click from system tray has not worked for YEARS, I don't understand why something so simple and normal is such a problem to rectify. I don't think I have been able to minimize the program since like 2008, 2009, I can understand a couple of months or something, but 3/4 yrs and STILL not fixed? That is insane.

• 2 months later...

I now did a clean install (but still using the same uTorrent version, self contained with an empty settings.dat) and it works as it should.

The "old" install wasn't really old, though. Around 6 months or so.

EDIT: It still happened once that it wouldn't open on click, even with the clean install. But it does happen less often now, I can't reproduce it so far.

ciaobaby: It has nothing to do with the mouse.

Archived