ipfilter.dat in Mac version 1.5.8+

attheasylum

If you have a look in ~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent you should see a file called "ipfilter.dat". However, the one supplied with uTorrent is empty. I replaced mine with one I downloaded from net and then restarted uTorrent.

However, I'm not so sure I'll continue to use it. I've read differing opinions on whether or not blocklists are useful.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this topic has been covered in the forums or not, but I cannot seem to find anything about it. I have a new macbook that is running OS 10.7.2 and in the directory ~>Library/ApplicationSupport there is no folder for uTorrent, and I cannot seem to find it anywhere on my machine. I am trying to use an ipfilter.dat file that I recently downloaded, but with out being able to find the uTorrent folder I'm kind of at a loss as to how I can accomplish this.

If anyone can help I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Open the uTorrent window then hit "command-option-' date='" That is type "command" "option" and "," (comma) all at once.

You should see the "Advanced" tab at the far right.

Hope this helps :)[/quote']

you sure about that? doesn't work in 1.5.11.

I'm running 1.5.11 on Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and it works for me:

EvOxC.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little confused. I just downloaded bt_level_1, extracted and changed the filename to ipfilter.dat and installed in the APPSupport directory. ipfilter is enabled. My MessageLog shows "loaded ipfilter.dat (1 entries)", though there are several hundred entries in the dat file. Is is loading properly? Shouldn't it show a lot more entries?

• 4 months later...

for those with the latest version o macosx to date, the ipfilter.dat needs to be present in the

/Users/<profile name>/Library/Application Support/uTorrent/ directory

Restart uTorrent and check in the message log that Loaded ipfilter.dat (xxxx entries)

Hops that this helps

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

mu message log says: loaded ipfilter.dat (225832 entries)

thanks m8

for those with the latest version o macosx to date, the ipfilter.dat needs to be present in the

/Users/<profile name>/Library/Application Support/uTorrent/ directory

Restart uTorrent and check in the message log that Loaded ipfilter.dat (xxxx entries)

Hops that this helps

• 1 month later...

hi there

a very simple question. Is it possible to import somehow the blocklist file I have in the Tranmission folder (.bin file) into uTorrent (.dat)?

Is there any other source I could use to "fill in" the empty .dat file I have (bluetack is not for free)

I am a mac user

Thanks

@ spoook and Dreadwing:

Download the text file (which is a bluetack item, updated approximately weekly) --- and take a few minutes to browse the text. Most of the entries will tell you *why* they are there.

Is the list a guarantee of 100% safety? No -- but it does improve your odds of not being hijacked etc.

(edited for "@")

Archived