ipfilter.dat in Mac version 1.5.8+

attheasylum

Download the text file (which is a bluetack item, updated approximately weekly) --- and take a few minutes to browse the text. Most of the entries will tell you *why* they are there.

Is the list a guarantee of 100% safety? No -- but it does improve your odds of not being hijacked etc.

(edited for "not")

So that link contains always the updated file?

thanks

Thanks for your point.

Then, how do you approach safe torrenting? Host as Mega are of course the first choice but sometimes, unless you want to pay for a premium account, it takes too long.

I mean, when I surf through any pirate area I use Tor or anonymox. DNS are those from google, web search is done through starpage, etc

How can I do the same for torrents?

My "stealthing" needs are not of course those of a chinese activist (to be real invisible to his gov). I just like to use Pandora to listen music and find some good movies to download twice a week.

I never upload anything, so I am by default not the first target but ... you know... the big ones are by definition smarter than me.

Which are the "to do steps" for not being spotted as easy dumb (or better, not worth the effort to be tracked).

Thanks

p.s. utorrent does not have the option "do not share what I am downloading".

Archived