no incoming connection but fw tester says port open

Nightwatch72

Hey ppl,

I upgraded to 3.0, and now i have a strange issue, mytorrent tells in the bottom right corner that i have no incoming connections ( orange triangle). when i test with the built in port checker i get a green arrow and it states that port is fine and network is correct. upload speed is pending between 1-9 kB/s (max on my setup is 250 kB/S (~90% of max speed) download is no issue, full throttle there. I setup the using the built-in speed optimizer. I used to run Vista and 2.2x before, all was good, now it just ain´t happening.

http://tinypic.com/r/2nkv0hs/7

My system is as follows:

Win 7 x64 sp1

Dlink Dir-655 b1 with port opened in port forward.

I concider myself having decent computer knowledge, but this is i can´t solve.

Anyone had the same issue ?

PS: English isn´t my native language as you might see on the pic, so sorry for any kind of misstypes.

Well, to be fair, something isn´t that great since no matter what i do i cant seem to get a decent upload speed. From when i posted yesterday i have uploaded slightly over 230 Mb a number a could beat per hour before this upgrade. Seems my only choice is to go back to crappy vista and 2.2.x.

Thx for your reply though, it´s much appreciated.

Ty again for your reply Mcaspi.

I will take your word for it, that this is the way it is supposed to be.

It shows that upload limit since i tried diffrent upload limits to see if it would make a diffrence wich it sadly didn´t :(

Will let this be for some time to see if it goes up, if not, i revert back to VIsta and report my findings.

Take care all.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having the same issue intermittantly over the past couple of weeks, but I have not upgraded to version 3.0.

It is happening again now.

As you say, No incoming connections, until I do the network test, upon which it switches to green, but with no UL/DL happening, and no peers or seeds connecting.

Each time it has happened in past 2 weeks, it lasts a few hours, and then everything returns to normal.

I had a similar problem after upgrading to Utorrent 3.0 . I found out later that I had a virus which needed an Avast Boot-time scan to fix. I am now running Utorrent 3 with no issues, though my maximum total download speed (before I get disk overload error) has changed from 900kbs to 600kbs after going to Utorrent 3.

Les

I had a similar problem after upgrading to Utorrent 3.0 . I found out later that I had a virus which needed an Avast Boot-time scan to fix. I am now running Utorrent 3 with no issues, though my maximum total download speed (before I get disk overload error) has changed from 900kbs to 600kbs after going to Utorrent 3.

Les

Interesting. I forget how to do a boot-time scan with avast. Running the free version of avast. wonder if need the full version.

Hi Acidman

Nope, boot time scan comes with the free version of Avast, as long as your system is 32bit (does not work on a 64 bit system of Win7 or Vista). I catch tonnes of stuff with the boot time scan. Another way to protect yourself if using Win7 is enable the administrator account in Windows, give it whatever password you want (same password as your regular user), then demote the rights of your regular user. That way when you are running as your regular user, a virus does not have the rights to install ! If you need to install any software or modify anything that needs admin rights Win7 (or Vista) will popup asking you for the administrator password. You pound in the password and the adjustment happens. This is a very cool way of protecting your computer from spyware and viruses. I do this all the time in corporate environments.

It's a pain in the but if you setup XP this way, but works exceptionally well on Win7 and Vista.

tstwitter

Hi Acidman

Nope, boot time scan comes with the free version of Avast, as long as your system is 32bit (does not work on a 64 bit system of Win7 or Vista). I catch tonnes of stuff with the boot time scan. Another way to protect yourself if using Win7 is enable the administrator account in Windows, give it whatever password you want (same password as your regular user), then demote the rights of your regular user. That way when you are running as your regular user, a virus does not have the rights to install ! If you need to install any software or modify anything that needs admin rights Win7 (or Vista) will popup asking you for the administrator password. You pound in the password and the adjustment happens. This is a very cool way of protecting your computer from spyware and viruses. I do this all the time in corporate environments.

It's a pain in the but if you setup XP this way, but works exceptionally well on Win7 and Vista.

tstwitter

Thanks for the reply.

I just did the boot-time scan a few hours ago, and it found nothing.

Having the same issue again right now. all was working fine for 20 hours or so, until a couple of hours ago again.

In the setup guide test, it is telling me:

For Network:

Port is not open (you are still able to download).

For Bandwidth:

Results: Speed test failed.

Connection failed error: Timed out (10060)

Speedtest.net shows me I am maxing out my adsl connection; 5.5Mb/s DL, 59Kb/s upload.

At a total loss here.

I'm also showing the same problem with uTorrent. Using BTGuard now for BitTorrent protection. I get the yellow yield sign saying I have no incoming connections.

Speedtest shows 25Mb/s down and 4Mb/s up. I'm only downloading at about 175kb/s and uploading at 145kb/s.

I have a static IP and am port mapping the port I'm using, 62444, to that IP address.

Port checking tests say I'm good, outside of uTorrent.

• 1 month later...

Archived