Proxy connect error: Error -7

rosshid

I'm signed up with BTguard (SOCKS proxy) and every time uTorrent tries to update the tracker I get "Proxy connect error: Error -7." I have no idea what Error -7 is, but apparently it is not good. Googling and searching the forum I came up with no results on what this error means. Anybody know what this means?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same issue here--using btguard the same way for two years, and past connection issues have been solved by uinstall/reinstall, but since the last update it's "connection timed out" and "proxy connect error -7." Tried Easy and Advanced install, with and without encryption, with no luck. I got no use out of this month, and if I can't resolve the problem before this month runs out, that's the last $7 I gamble on this service.

I just started having trouble with BTGuard today. I bought the year membership two days ago and am regretting it already... the first day I did the 'easy install' and things worked just fine... no problems. I reboot my machine and start up torrenting today and there is absolutely no activity - The torrents do not start and are not showing any seeders or peers. Nothing happens, forcestarting, rebooting, downloading different torrents, nothing. I even tried to download the BTGuard test torrent and I have the same results = no movement, no start, nothing.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both BTguard and Utorrent over five times now and I'm getting the same results.

I've gone over the uTorrent setting a million times according to the BTGuard site's FAQ - everything looks good and is set correctly. So then it must be a setting in BTguard's menus, right? I'd like to think but for all the uTorrent information they give out I cannot seem to locate the precise settings BT guard should be operating under.

Can anyone clue me into what the setting (for everything!) should be? Thank you!

Oh, trust me, I know it is a BTGuard issue, uTorrent has never given me a problem a day in my life. I'm just hoping some other people who were fooled into buying the BTGuard program have had similar problems and maybe we can help figure out how to solve these silly problems.

Archived