uTorrent error: "Listen error, you should change the listen port."

tsutrack09

Okay, I'm unsure as to what I've done exactly but it's now downloading and the "DHT: Waiting to log in." is gone. However, now it is downloading extremely slowly, it's maxing out at around 1.5mb. Usually I have around 3-5mb minimum on well seeded torrent files. I also went to speedtest.net and tested out my speed and it was giving me 10 down, 2 up. What could be causing this slowness?

I tried using the guide DreadWingKnight gave me and I'm still getting an error. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling and on start up it said "Target machine actively refusing connection.", there is still a red circle with an exclamation point in it in the lower right corner that when you mouse over it says "Listen Error: You should change the listen port.", and the torrents are not downloading anything. Any other ideas?

I'm not sure what logger tab info is, but I would be happy to provide it if you could let me know what you need exactly. Also, just on a hunch I tried an older version of uTorrent and it's working fine. So what could be causing the newer version of uTorrent to not download the torrents, and also give me the errors?

Right-click one of the tabs you do have and turn on the logger tab if you don't have it.

Should I download and install the newest version and do this, and post what's inside there after trying to grab a torrent? Or what would you like me to do exactly? Thank you for your help also, I appreciate it. Sorry I'm such a noobie at this.

Archived