µTorrent Plus Alpha release

AdamK

This version is unusable!

1. The speed bug, at 99,9% or so it drops the speed to like 10kb/s?!?!

2. The checking of a torrent takes forever or doesn't even finish

3. It changed my connection settings when I upgraded

4. The upload speeds was horrible, it stayed at like 10kb/s and didn't go higher

5. If you right-clicked the utorrent icon and chose exit, the UI exited but not the process (you had to go to task manager).

This is seriously the worst alpha of a program that I've ever tested :(

Back to stable (and never alpha again lol)....

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cache bug utorrent 3.1 build 26519

If you override the default cache setting and exit while downloading, utorrent doesn't close down properly. Looking in the task manager I can see the memory consumption (Starting at up to 1050 MB depending on how full the cache is) is steadily decreasing until around 20MB and then the only way is to end the process manually. It kind of "hangs". It takes a loooong time for utorrent to come down to the 20MB and there is little to no hard drive activity, so it's not flushing the cache or doing it very very slowly. It happens every time so it is easy to replicate.

The following cache settings where used:

Override automatic cache size and specify the size manually (MB) | 1024

Reduce memory usage when cache is not needed | unchecked

Enable caching of disk writes | checked

Write out untouched blocks every two minutes | unchecked

Write out finished pieces immediately | checked

Enable caching caching of disk reads | checked

Turn of read caching if the upload speed is slow | unchecked

Remove old blocks from the cache | checked

Increase automatic cache size when cache thrashing | unchecked

Disable Windows caching of disk writes | unchecked

Disable Windows caching of disk reads | unchecked

I'm running Windows 7 home premium 64-bit With AMD 1090T processor, 4GB Ram and two Western Digital Green 2TB hardisks.

Hope it helps!

Alpha release features seem pretty cool. I like the remote idea where you can check your downloads from wherever you are.. via mobile etc.. but i do experience a bug.. Every time i load up utorrent it keeps asking me for my security question over and over... i insert it correctly and the box disappears for about 10 seconds, then pops back up again. Iv even created about 2 other accounts for Remote and i get the exact same thing.. if i press Cancel once it asks for the Answer the box doesn't appear again.. just thought id share this with you. Also does anyone else experience this?

Gaz

I'm getting this as well, so you're not alone :)

Alpha release features seem pretty cool. I like the remote idea where you can check your downloads from wherever you are.. via mobile etc.. but i do experience a bug.. Every time i load up utorrent it keeps asking me for my security question over and over... i insert it correctly and the box disappears for about 10 seconds' date=' then pops back up again. Iv even created about 2 other accounts for Remote and i get the exact same thing.. if i press Cancel once it asks for the Answer the box doesn't appear again.. just thought id share this with you. Also does anyone else experience this?

Gaz[/quote']

Me too. I disabled the remote feature till it will be fixed.

Alpha release features seem pretty cool. I like the remote idea where you can check your downloads from wherever you are.. via mobile etc.. but i do experience a bug.. Every time i load up utorrent it keeps asking me for my security question over and over... i insert it correctly and the box disappears for about 10 seconds' date=' then pops back up again. Iv even created about 2 other accounts for Remote and i get the exact same thing.. if i press Cancel once it asks for the Answer the box doesn't appear again.. just thought id share this with you. Also does anyone else experience this?

Gaz[/quote']

Me too. I disabled the remote feature till it will be fixed.

Me four.

It comes up for me every time I start µTorrent. Well, the first time it asked me to create a question and response. Since then, it asks me to answer, and it's impossible to give it a successful answer. I've tried it with two different installations and two different names/questions/answers, with the same results.

Win7HP/OK

What was that speed' date=' again?... 'zero'K?[/quote']

Not 'zero'K :lol:

DL: 1Mbyte

UP: ~500kb (few torrents seeding)

Previous betas had 1Mb UL (much more torrents seeding)

So, speed is 'Okay' :D

;) I see they've fixed the issue in RC5 ... :)

3.1 RC5 (build 26545)

Status bar shows "0.0 kB/s" for DL and UL and 'few kB' for traffic :/

Speed is Okay.

P.S. Detailed Info Pane frozen for all torrents. Status bar refreshed accidentally and stayed frozen.

Till now, the status bar info was more reliable then the main view data for me (for local peers) :(:( I guess we should be expecting a GUI over-whole ASAP...

3.1 RC5 (build 26545)

Status bar shows "0.0 kB/s" for DL and UL and 'few kB' for traffic :/

Speed is Okay.

P.S. Detailed Info Pane frozen for all torrents. Status bar refreshed accidentally and stayed frozen.

"Show current speed in the title bar" works fine.

It comes up for me every time I start µTorrent. Well, the first time it asked me to create a question and response. Since then, it asks me to answer, and it's impossible to give it a successful answer. I've tried it with two different installations and two different names/questions/answers, with the same results.

This problem has been fixed. Thanks for the reports

Hi

The forced integrated playback is no good to me.

It prevents me from accessing the torrent overview while I watch, and it shuts down the video playback when I do. Meaning I have to start the video all over again, and this is a big problem when I am streaming and a nuance when I don't stream. Because with streaming I have to begin at the beginning, no matter if I have seen the first 30 minutes of the video or not.

And I access the torrent overview a lot. Meaning the integrated playback is useless to me, and the fact that it is forced is a problem.

I prefer to have a choice, and I will choose to stream the torrent through an external VLC instance, not the integrated microsoft media player instance.

If you fix the integrated playback, to not shut down the video when I access the torrent overview, then I would like to choose to use VLC player as the playback engine, not microsoft media player.

Keep up the good work!

Regards

Svein Daniel

AdamK:

Oh, I see. Good to know. Looking forward to stability :-)

Then the internal playback code can be improved by not being shut down when the playback window is swapped with the overview window, or any other. :-))

And/or that it remembers where in the streaming it was playing, and resume that place when one return.

I also had a direct problem, the pop out feature didn't work.

Regards

SD

Windows 7, 64bit

We will restore the ability to choose an external player as soon as we go stable.

Thanks,

Adam

When you restore it, please note that the setting line is too short (you need to allow more text into it) atht that when editing it - the apply button should be re-enabled.

Archived