µTorrent Plus Alpha release

AdamK

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. When downloading file the peers list suddenly becomes empty though the process is going on and 45 seeds are active.

2. My file (307 Mb) has been downloaded at 52% yet but total incoming traffic is shown as 884 Mb. Is that because of increasing quote of service traffic (I doubt it) or drastically increased amount of banned peers?

UPDATE: I see several hundreds FAILED HASH CHECK messages in my log - they appear every 5-10 seconds. I guess that is the reason.

UPDATE 2: 95 of 138 seeds' IPs are "banned until forever" during this session!

UPDATE 3: At last all (!) seeds were banned...

UPDATE 4: Summary: file downloaded. Size - 307 Mb. Connection speed - 1 Mbps. Duration - 6 hours. Amount of pieces failed hash check > 4.000. Consumed traffic - 1.9 Gb... Awful!

Hi!

Been trying to run UT 3.1 Beta build 25835 for the last two days, or so...

The problem began with this build, never had a problem before.

The problem is, that UT hangs after start. Titlebar says "Does not respond" or whatever it says in english. I'm running a Swedish Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Would be nice if this got fixed so I can start downloading again.

Regards!

1. When downloading file the peers list suddenly becomes empty though the process is going on and 45 seeds are active.

2. My file (307 Mb) has been downloaded at 52% yet but total incoming traffic is shown as 884 Mb. Is that because of increasing quote of service traffic (I doubt it) or drastically increased amount of banned peers?

UPDATE: I see several hundreds FAILED HASH CHECK messages in my log - they appear every 5-10 seconds. I guess that is the reason.

UPDATE 2: 95 of 138 seeds' IPs are "banned until forever" during this session!

UPDATE 3: At last all (!) seeds were banned...

UPDATE 4: Summary: file downloaded. Size - 307 Mb. Connection speed - 1 Mbps. Duration - 6 hours. Amount of pieces failed hash check > 4.000. Consumed traffic - 1.9 Gb... Awful!

It's a poisoned torrent. Find another one.

Hi!

Been trying to run UT 3.1 Beta build 25835 for the last two days, or so...

The problem began with this build, never had a problem before.

The problem is, that UT hangs after start. Titlebar says "Does not respond" or whatever it says in english. I'm running a Swedish Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Would be nice if this got fixed so I can start downloading again.

Regards!

Can you try disabling UPnP?

After running for a few days (Win 7 x64).

1) I turned off the antivirus because it bogged everything down (790 torrents).

2) I'm getting the same transcoder error every 2 secs. (TranscodeController Port not set).

3) I get a momentary "not responding message" sometimes when I try to perform some action. I'm guessing it may be busy with something like the transcode error at the instant I try to perform the action.

4) When I have tried to move a torrent using the Advanced - Set Download location function the file relocates but the download location doesn't update on the screen until I exit and restart the program.

5) The Download torrents folder has the torrents I am downloading and about 100 more. The extra torrents are those that I have chosen to only download a portion of the files in the full torrent. These files are also not showing in the Completed torrents section.

Hi,

1) We will look into making this play nicer for people with tons of torrents

2-3) We have switched out the old transcoder system for a new system, so these problems should be gone now.

4) We've logged this as a UI bug

5) We're filing this as a regression (apparantly, 3.0 does this correctly) for partially downloaded torrents.

Thanks for the feedback!

Antivirus does not update automatically. Also update takes a lot of time.

UI needs to be revamped, here if we click on a torrent, and then click anywhere else, the last clicked torrent details like file, info, peers etc are still visible.

Device detection is very good, but it needs to be improved further, IMO. We need a conversion option in preferences with the device and settings for it.

Also whenever I click on my device, ut crashes.

Hi,

Good news - we've solved your first two problems by re-vamping how we install extensions.

Device detection will probably be the part that takes us the longest, and we'll definitely prioritize specific devices as users mention them.

Your crash is fixed.

Thanks for your feedback!

1. During attempt of anti-virus update by demand its progress bar stops at 67% and the process never gets compete.

2. When I try to uncheck "Anti-virus" column from view settings after some time it returns back again.

Thanks. We changed the process for your #1 so that should be improved. For the second, we're on it. :)

Every time I start µTorrent Plus it wants to install the Transcode and does not complete it rolls through the second bar and get at 99% and rolls backwards. It seems it does not install.

Hi,

We have changed how extensions are installed in uT, so this problem should be fixed.

Thanks fro your feedback!

The windows that shows the torrent content is still broken and doesn't remember the user resize. When will this very important thing be fixed ?

Okay. This problem was created as part of an attempt to improve the add torrent dialog with expand/contract functionality; we're evaluating the success of this; as part of this we'll also look into this bug. Thanks!

In the window that comes up when adding a torrent, it would be nice if each section was collapsible (and remembered). The area that shows the file list is getting a bit tiny on my display, and that's the most important part for me.

Speaking of that window, sometimes it's brought to the front, and other times I have to Alt-Tab to get to it. That's probably a Windows issue, but it would be nice if some type of workaround could be programmed.

Hi Tarkus,

That's a good idea. We changed that dialog as part of our effort to get less experienced users using utorrent. We're currently evaluating whether to keep that change or not. Stay tuned.

About that window sometimes appearing behind utorrent; yes, it is due to an oddity of the window manager in windows, but we should really deal with this. We've filed it as a UI bug.

Thanks!

Antivirus not rename updates after download

D:\uTorrent\VirusGuard\avxdisk.dll 1.0.0.1

D:\uTorrent\VirusGuard\avxdisk.dll.upd 1.4.0.0

VirusGuard.exe used avxdisk.dll 1.0.0.1

if manual rename file avxdisk.dll.upd to avxdisk.dll

VirusGuard.exe start using avxdisk.dll 1.4.0.0

same problem with files in \plugins folder

uTorrentPlus 25788

Thanks for reporting this. We changed the installation process so that this should not happen anymore.

Good version overall.

However, it is very bad that when utorrent restarts the order of donwload items is not preserved. It's really a nightmare to figure out what is being downloaded or not when you have 100s of items in wait list.

Please preserve/restore the behavior in previous version.

Is there a 64-bit build on windows 7?

Thanks

Can you be a bit clearer on what the problem is exactly? Is the sorting order being reset on restart? Or is it that torrents are showing up in the wrong categories?

I am on Win7 x64. I had utorrent worknig for 10d, ~80 downloads in parallel. I removed the anti-virus option, it is completely useless and doesn't seem to work correctly (it is blocked at some update from time to time). It's much better without it and very stable. I don;t see any issue memory wise, no blocking anywhere. I don't use the streaming/converting part so I'm mainly using it only for download/seeding. Compared to stable version, it seems to pick more sources and downloads are faster, which is awesome!

See my previous comments: need 64b version. Need order to remain consistent when it restarts.

Can you elaborate on the behavior you saw while antivirus was enabled? Was it crashing? Did it slow your system down? Any information you can provide would be helpful.

I have seen this in previous builds, but not for a while - the search dropdown does not dropdown in the build I'm running (3.1 Beta build 25788) [32-bit]. The only change I have made is that I added a site to the top of the Search stack in Preferences -> Advanced -> UI Extras (ISO Hunt|http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=).

First, I have to say that is an awesome hat. Second, we have filed this bug. Do you have multiple monitors? If so, please try it with just one & let us know if that changes anything.

Thanks!

I have seen this in previous builds, but not for a while - the search dropdown does not dropdown in the build I'm running (3.1 Beta build 25788) [32-bit]. The only change I have made is that I added a site to the top of the Search stack in Preferences -> Advanced -> UI Extras (ISO Hunt|http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=).

Do you have multiple monitors? If so, it will show up on the wrong display. If not, then it's probably just broken.

build 25788

Already posted about the continued memory leak, but just noticed there is a lag on the 'inactive' screen, where the number of visible torrents is left behind by the incative numbe falling, until you switch to another list and back again.

Thanks for reporting this. It has been logged, but it will probably take a while to fix as we have several larger bugs we are going to tackle first.

I haven't hit any bugs that I've noticed in Build 25835, but I kinda wish we could sort our torrents nicely by hand, say, folders? I torrent a lot of things of the same type, so I figure I would just stick them in the same folder to help me remember to delete the duplicates and increase the organization overall of the torrent window.

Thanks for testing and for the idea, we appreciate it and we'll look into it. In the mean time, have you tried using labels for organizing? Right click and select label.

DHT is disabled when stopped by Scheduler even if you Force Download.

When you stop a torrent it does NOT immediately move from downloading/seeding to finished.

The torrent is stopped and all finished/unfinished pieces are lost when uTorrent fails to access a file in the torrent, it should keep these pieces when unable to write them till the file is available or even more unlock the file with administrative privileges.

If you want DHT to not be disabled, then uncheck "Disable DHT when turning off" in the Scheduler optioons.

Archived