µTorrent Plus Alpha release

AdamK

I've had this issue with 3 files now since updating to the latest build (25835), 2 from RSS, one from file. Downloads stop at 99.9% and seem to continually download and discard the last block. If I delete and re-add the torrent it checks it and begins seeding, so it at least appears the files are complete

Thanks for testing and for this! We filed a bug.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had this issue with 3 files now since updating to the latest build (25835), 2 from RSS, one from file. Downloads stop at 99.9% and seem to continually download and discard the last block. If I delete and re-add the torrent it checks it and begins seeding, so it at least appears the files are complete

1. When downloading file the peers list suddenly becomes empty though the process is going on and 45 seeds are active.

2. My file (307 Mb) has been downloaded at 52% yet but total incoming traffic is shown as 884 Mb. Is that because of increasing quote of service traffic (I doubt it) or drastically increased amount of banned peers?

UPDATE: I see several hundreds FAILED HASH CHECK messages in my log - they appear every 5-10 seconds. I guess that is the reason.

UPDATE 2: 95 of 138 seeds' IPs are "banned until forever" during this session!

UPDATE 3: At last all (!) seeds were banned...

UPDATE 4: Summary: file downloaded. Size - 307 Mb. Connection speed - 1 Mbps. Duration - 6 hours. Amount of pieces failed hash check > 4.000. Consumed traffic - 1.9 Gb... Awful!

It's a poisoned torrent. Find another one.

I don't think so. Maybe the reason is it's got non-English (Cyrillic) name?

The RSS feature should have been left alone. It worked ok in 1.x and 2.x.

That's a different story... that relates to the devs' over-creativity :P

Not all features can be blamed on the devs' date=' but you're probably right for that one :P[/quote']

The RSS feature should have been left alone. It worked ok in 1.x and 2.x.

That's a different story... that relates to the devs' over-creativity :P

I hate to break it to you' date=' but not every feature idea comes from a developer.[/quote']

I see that resolving the question of WHO EXACTLY has suggested it - can take some time... :P;)

I am sure it was NOT one of us, RSS users, here .... :)

Anyway, it is nice to read a whole page of devs' comments... maybe, try to spread them out in time a bit... ;)

About that window sometimes appearing behind utorrent; yes, it is due to an oddity of the window manager in windows, but we should really deal with this. We've filed it as a UI bug.

FYI, I'm talking about the add torrent dialog appearing behind other programs, with uTorrent minimized to systray. Sometimes it comes to the front and sometimes it doesn't. I almost always have uTorrent minimized, so I've not experienced the problem of it appearing behind uTorrent itself.

About that window sometimes appearing behind utorrent; yes' date=' it is due to an oddity of the window manager in windows, but we should really deal with this. We've filed it as a UI bug.[/quote']

FYI, I'm talking about the add torrent dialog appearing behind other programs, with uTorrent minimized to systray. Sometimes it comes to the front and sometimes it doesn't. I almost always have uTorrent minimized, so I've not experienced the problem of it appearing behind uTorrent itself.

Thanks for the clarification - I'll add this to the bug report.

Russian translation have English words like "ETA" (оставшееся время) , "APP" (приложение) and "Antivirus" (Антивирус).

Also please translate "Show featured content" (отображать обработанный контент) and "Show devices" (показывать устройства).

Also DNA in Settings totally English. Translate please!

I've had this issue with 3 files now since updating to the latest build (25835)' date=' 2 from RSS, one from file. Downloads stop at 99.9% and seem to continually download and discard the last block. If I delete and re-add the torrent it checks it and begins seeding, so it at least appears the files are complete[/quote']

Some updated info for you - I was downloading a larger than average torrent - about 10k pieces - yesterday and got a hashfail after a couple of hundred ok pieces. After that I was getting a steady cascade of hashfails, until I removed and restarted the torrent, after which its carried on with no issues, and all the failed peices aresuddenly ok, and we're talking about 2500 of these! Almost like first hashfail mangles something about all the peices that come after it, even of they're ok?

goatie

Maybe you either got a "poisoned torrent" as Firon says?;)

That was my first thought, but on each remove/restart, the bad pieces clear and the torrent behaves until the next hashfail.. The four torrents that have been affected so far have completed and are now seeding fine, having been reset a couple of times.

I've had poisoned torrents in the past where the fail count has been high, but these have never had to be abandoned.

The behavour here is too much like each failed piece gets stuck failing until the whole torrent is reset.

having similar issues with download speeds as edmgt - as of now I have 3 torrents showing as downloading with multiple seeds but it will dl fine for a few minutes then stop for an indeterminate time then restart slowly if at all - in comparison I was able to dl all 3 using VUZE in less than 15 minutes - did not experience this issue before upgrading to ALPHA - I am also sorting by name

Hi There seems to be some incompatibility on the priority shown on the files tab and pieces tab. I have set normal(6) for piece x while it is downloading it shows as low!!!!

I have utorrent 3.1 beta (build 25835) on vista

- Can this be added to the list of issues to be fixed.

-sundar

1. When downloading file the peers list suddenly becomes empty though the process is going on and 45 seeds are active.

2. My file (307 Mb) has been downloaded at 52% yet but total incoming traffic is shown as 884 Mb. Is that because of increasing quote of service traffic (I doubt it) or drastically increased amount of banned peers?

UPDATE: I see several hundreds FAILED HASH CHECK messages in my log - they appear every 5-10 seconds. I guess that is the reason.

UPDATE 2: 95 of 138 seeds' IPs are "banned until forever" during this session!

UPDATE 3: At last all (!) seeds were banned...

UPDATE 4: Summary: file downloaded. Size - 307 Mb. Connection speed - 1 Mbps. Duration - 6 hours. Amount of pieces failed hash check > 4.000. Consumed traffic - 1.9 Gb... Awful!

It's a poisoned torrent. Find another one.

I don't think so. Maybe the reason is it's got non-English (Cyrillic) name?

This is not an issue with poisoned torrents. There is a bug causing this. There are a few posts in the 3.1 alpha (non-plus) thread here too with the same issue. Page 6/7.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=105596

I'm trying utorrent plus now and its working pretty well for an alpha release :D , though i have a question why is it that every time I open a torrent in toggle view mode a Warning comes out telling me : Warning possibility insufficient sources, though there is 133 seeds for the overall torrent.

Whe you have to reset a torrent to kill the dud hashfails, the 'downloaded' value is zeroed and the ratio thus goes wrong, so you cannot tell when 1:5 or whatever has passed.

If it can work out what parts of the torrent have been downloaded ok, and which haven't, can't the 'downloaded' value be reset to be equivalent to that?

Russian translation have English words like "ETA" (оставшееся время) , "APP" (приложение) and "Antivirus" (Антивирус).

Also please translate "Show featured content" (отображать обработанный контент) and "Show devices" (показывать устройства).

Also DNA in Settings totally English. Translate please!

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback!

One string ("App") was not marked as translatable.

I have fixed that. They will be available for translation in the next 3.1 build.

The other strings can already be translated by our Russian translators, so the next step is for the translators to translate the new strings.

Please go here, and let them know:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=627&p=17

Thanks for using utorrent.

Archived