µTorrent Plus Alpha release

AdamK

After running for a few days (Win 7 x64).

1) I turned off the antivirus because it bogged everything down (790 torrents).

2) I'm getting the same transcoder error every 2 secs. (TranscodeController Port not set).

3) I get a momentary "not responding message" sometimes when I try to perform some action. I'm guessing it may be busy with something like the transcode error at the instant I try to perform the action.

4) When I have tried to move a torrent using the Advanced - Set Download location function the file relocates but the download location doesn't update on the screen until I exit and restart the program.

5) The Download torrents folder has the torrents I am downloading and about 100 more. The extra torrents are those that I have chosen to only download a portion of the files in the full torrent. These files are also not showing in the Completed torrents section.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antivirus does not update automatically. Also update takes a lot of time.

UI needs to be revamped, here if we click on a torrent, and then click anywhere else, the last clicked torrent details like file, info, peers etc are still visible.

Device detection is very good, but it needs to be improved further, IMO. We need a conversion option in preferences with the device and settings for it.

Also whenever I click on my device, ut crashes.

@Admin

Will there be a uTorrent+ on 64bit? and will that also apply w/ other OSes?

No, for the near future, uT+ will only be 32-bit.

We haven't had enough time to get the 64-bit (free) version up to our standard quality level yet.

By the way, uTorrent+ 25728 [32-Bit] has been working fine since the restart. Excellent program.

Thank you!

I have the same two issues present since 3.0 and 3.1 alpha:

2. I have to complete two times the RSS fields for any show because it does not remember them from the first time.

Yeah, this happens to NEW entries. Bypass:

> Add a new favorite

> select some OTHER favorite

> select the new show again, and fill up the fields

hopefully it will remember them now...

This happens if you want to edit some old entries too. I know how to bypass it, but I shouldn't have to. uTorrent Plus will be paid. It's not ok for a paid software to have this kind of simple to fix bugs. I hope to see some improvements in the next builds.

Also, the antivirus is not ok, tbh. It could affect speeds if it has some issues with the one installed on the user's pc.

Well.. right, it is not OK to have bugs in any software, paid or unpaid... :P And it is up to you to decide *if* to buy it.

As for the RSS - it is a FREE feature, and according to your own logic - bugs are "allowed"... :P and I have counted a few others... http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=44903

And the bug here - is the missing "Apply" button... try to just move to some other field before you close the dialog...

In the window that comes up when adding a torrent, it would be nice if each section was collapsible (and remembered). The area that shows the file list is getting a bit tiny on my display, and that's the most important part for me.

Speaking of that window, sometimes it's brought to the front, and other times I have to Alt-Tab to get to it. That's probably a Windows issue, but it would be nice if some type of workaround could be programmed.

There's a new 3.1 build out now with some fixes, mostly oriented towards Plus.

We also redid our transcoder completely for improved quality and better device compatibility. We'll eventually have high quality profiles for more devices, but currently we're trying to get it to work on a large swath of devices.

This happens if you want to edit some old entries too. I know how to bypass it, but I shouldn't have to. uTorrent Plus will be paid. It's not ok for a paid software to have this kind of simple to fix bugs. I hope to see some improvements in the next builds.

Also, the antivirus is not ok, tbh. It could affect speeds if it has some issues with the one installed on the user's pc.

VirusGuard can already be turned on or off - look for it in the preferences.

Antivirus not rename updates after download

D:\uTorrent\VirusGuard\avxdisk.dll 1.0.0.1

D:\uTorrent\VirusGuard\avxdisk.dll.upd 1.4.0.0

VirusGuard.exe used avxdisk.dll 1.0.0.1

if manual rename file avxdisk.dll.upd to avxdisk.dll

VirusGuard.exe start using avxdisk.dll 1.4.0.0

same problem with files in \plugins folder

uTorrentPlus 25788

Archived