µTorrent Plus Alpha release

AdamK

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good version overall.

However, it is very bad that when utorrent restarts the order of donwload items is not preserved. It's really a nightmare to figure out what is being downloaded or not when you have 100s of items in wait list.

Please preserve/restore the behavior in previous version.

Is there a 64-bit build on windows 7?

Thanks

Hi, I'm using µTorrent (3.1 build 25760).

Category List shows "Downloading (7)".

BUT Torrent Jobs List has 6 torrents "Downloading" and 3 torrents FINISHED.

Met this bug before in 3.1

Have installed build 25788 by replacing exe file.

Still 3 "Finished" torrents in "Downloading" window.

I am on Win7 x64. I had utorrent worknig for 10d, ~80 downloads in parallel. I removed the anti-virus option, it is completely useless and doesn't seem to work correctly (it is blocked at some update from time to time). It's much better without it and very stable. I don;t see any issue memory wise, no blocking anywhere. I don't use the streaming/converting part so I'm mainly using it only for download/seeding. Compared to stable version, it seems to pick more sources and downloads are faster, which is awesome!

See my previous comments: need 64b version. Need order to remain consistent when it restarts.

I have seen this in previous builds, but not for a while - the search dropdown does not dropdown in the build I'm running (3.1 Beta build 25788) [32-bit]. The only change I have made is that I added a site to the top of the Search stack in Preferences -> Advanced -> UI Extras (ISO Hunt|http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=).

build 25788

Already posted about the continued memory leak, but just noticed there is a lag on the 'inactive' screen, where the number of visible torrents is left behind by the incative numbe falling, until you switch to another list and back again.

Feedback about the uTorrent ALPHA:

the bandwidth allocation mode on the right click context of the UI does not change or cannot be changed. I tried so many times changing LOW to NORMAL but it doesn't change...... any solution???

Start/stop the torrent can help.

bye

How do I revert to latest build without streaming integrated into the GUI using WMP? The preferred solution would be to use the preferred streaming media player. The only thing you need to improve then is to allow reading and streaming media from rared files, and also those inside multiple rar-files. And if this is impossible, then perhaps offer an alternative packing solution that could be used by those who think that the original timestamps matching those of the ripping teams is a necessity, since after all that is these files' only purpose. Obviously, the next step is to get these files sandboxed and real-time scanned as they're downloaded and visualized in our media players, by the built in antivirus.

Thank you for reading, and remember it was you who asked for feedback. My intentions were not to break the ambitious developers' hearts.

this will be changed soon. It was more that the embedded player can only be done currently with wmp, and its the only thing that was changed about streaming. given that I'm looking for feedback for specifically what changed it made sense to make sure that we maximized the number of people who experienced the change. So yes, the stable will allow you to choose whatever player you like, however if we only received feedback from people who specifically chose wmp, we wouldn't get very much feedback. thanks for your patience :)

I haven't hit any bugs that I've noticed in Build 25835, but I kinda wish we could sort our torrents nicely by hand, say, folders? I torrent a lot of things of the same type, so I figure I would just stick them in the same folder to help me remember to delete the duplicates and increase the organization overall of the torrent window.

DHT is disabled when stopped by Scheduler even if you Force Download.

When you stop a torrent it does NOT immediately move from downloading/seeding to finished.

The torrent is stopped and all finished/unfinished pieces are lost when uTorrent fails to access a file in the torrent, it should keep these pieces when unable to write them till the file is available or even more unlock the file with administrative privileges.

I've had this issue with 3 files now since updating to the latest build (25835), 2 from RSS, one from file. Downloads stop at 99.9% and seem to continually download and discard the last block. If I delete and re-add the torrent it checks it and begins seeding, so it at least appears the files are complete

I've had this issue with 3 files now since updating to the latest build (25835), 2 from RSS, one from file. Downloads stop at 99.9% and seem to continually download and discard the last block. If I delete and re-add the torrent it checks it and begins seeding, so it at least appears the files are complete

Getting this with 25835 - two recent downloads have stuck on last handful of pieces being rejected for bad hash, causing a number of IPs to be banned, even though each DL had scores of 100% IPs listed.

Now, I've had a few dodgy torrents in the past where the hashfails have been upwards of 50%, but they have always got there in the end, and never multiple fails on the last few pieces. This is certainly different.

#update# can confirm that removing the torrent and adding it back causes a complete check, which then confirms the last handful of failing pieces as OK, and the torrent starts seeding.

Archived