µTorrent Plus Alpha release

AdamK

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Alpha is a bit of a resource hog. And when it checks a torrent' date=' even one that is around 20MB it takes forever to finish.

As far as features that I would like to see added: 64bit...

My Specs:

Intel P6000 1.87GB(Dual Core)

3GB of Ram

250GB HD[/quote']

hey bud you sure its not something else eating your memory... Utorrent on my pc uses very little resource :/ ... maybe try some clean up tools to clear junk files/temp files also try a defrag.

i have same problem only with utorrent running nothing else

The hashfailing problem seems to have stopped with the latest build.

Quick suggestion: I think PSPs and Zunes should be added to the supported devices. I realize hardly anyone has a Zune anymore, but the PSP should definitely be supported. It still has one of the biggest screens of any handheld device out there.

3.1 (build 26495) - Crash on startup when iPod touch attached but no iTunes installed on the system. Unplugging the device helps. Please, fix it.

P.S. Installed iTunes but the problem persists - uTorrent just can't startup and crashes when my iPod 2nd is attached to the computer. When i unplug the ipod , uTorrent starts ok but as I connect the device again uTorrent crashes...

OS - Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Love the IRC Style chat box where you can rate and instantly ask questions. Maybe you could make users login to authenticate the and not allow to post information on the chat. (Some VIP or Trusted members symbol could help, also maybe another symbol showing a users Ratio or uploads and downloads.)

I would like to see the default media player able to be changed to VLC or a user other preference.

Edit. I have had two torrents get up to 99.8/99.9% but never finished until I restarted uTorrent and done a force check.

Keep up the good work

Bug found:

When watching film series I usually download one file at a time and remove the old ones just to save disk space. However, when I did so with a torrent that had finished all its downloading (starting it again by setting a priority to a new file, that is) your streaming function wasn't too happy to be used. I tried to understand why the file was downloading at such a low rate, when I found out that I was currently downloading several hundreds of pieces simultanously. So to make these little pieces of the puzzle that a file is, I tried pausing, stopping and starting torrent again, but still they are listed as being downloading. What is hillarious is that when I stop the torrent they are still being shown as being downloaded o so quickly. :)

Please take a look at my problem and fix it. Topical build: 26495

Not sure if this has been mentioned already or if it's a bug even, but whenever I tend to view my torrents some of them start jumping up and down in the list and it's kinda annoying :rolleyes:

Is there a setting to prevent this so called "jumping"? (I'm guessing it's caused by the torrents starting to upload at for example; 5 kb/s and then going back to 0 and putting the torrent back to it's original alphabetic order since it's not uploading anymore)

Other than that I really like the new client. :P

Hi guys, I have three things to report:

1) (And this has been going on for quite some time) uTorrent often fails to remember the size of its window. Often, when launching the application, the window is quite a bit wider than it was when I closed it. Maybe it doesn't take into account that I have my sidebar hidden?

2) When "Preferences > UI Settings > Actions for Double Click > For downloading torrents" is set to "Start/Stop", double-clicking a paused torrent should start it again, not stop it, since, well, it isn't actually running when it's paused.

3) In "Preferences > Streaming" window the input box for the media player has a stupid-short character limit. I, for one, use and love Media Player Classic Homecinema, but its path won't even fit in the box due to a silly and arbitrary limitation. Also maybe the "Browse" button should be next to the path input box where it's more discoverable.

Thanks for your work!

As stated by another user I saw, speeds are very unstable, but also a related problem. A prominent example arose for me today: I was downloading a 4GB group of files, speed was at a quite respectable 2MB/s. As the download reached 99.7%, DL speed began to decrease as usual, but then with less than 10 seconds to go at 99.9%, at jumped back down to 99.7% with 350MB or so left to download and stayed at the decreased DL speed of ~20kbps. The remaining amount to be downloaded kept jumping back up after decreasing to mere kilobytes, and this happened over and over again for more than half an hour. Needless to say it was a bit frustrating because I never actually knew anywhere near how much was really left to download as it changed more than a dozen times.

The serious bug in utorrent v3.1 build 26519 is found:

The computer is not switched off at a choice of an OPTIONS- AUTO SHUTDOWN-SHOTDOWN WHEH DOWNLOADS COMPLETE(REBOOT WHEN DOWNLOADS COMPLETE, QUIT WHEN DOWNLOADS COMPLETE-Also do not work).:(

Modes HIBERNATE WHEN DOWNLOADS COMPLETE and STANBY WHEN DOWNLOADS COMPLETE-work correctly:)

Archived