µTorrent Plus Alpha release

AdamK

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today i turned on my pc and saw, that my utorrent isn't "plus" anymore. I've downloaded the key again and it reversed to "plus" as it was, but after that it started installing virus guard (or something like that), even though I've disabled this feature trough options and i had it installed from the first usage.

The status bar on the main screen on some downloads has turned to red, but I am unable to find anything to explain why... some the torrents are downloading and some are not.

I also have the error in the log stating

[2011-10-02 19:21:55] transcoder error: TranscodeController port is not set

John

Today i turned on my pc and saw, that my utorrent isn't "plus" anymore. I've downloaded the key again and it reversed to "plus" as it was, but after that it started installing virus guard (or something like that), even though I've disabled this feature trough options and i had it installed from the first usage.

This happened again (after next reboot). Clicking on the key isn't hard, but installing virus guard every time...

I have some files downloaded, which when completed are moved to another folder and drive, since installing 3.1 the status says moving, but its been over 24 hours and still moving???

The file size is 558 MB, another file is 707 MB. and another is 357 MB. So its a bug, cos when I goto the directory where they are supposed to be, they are complete!!! :/

I have some files downloaded, which when completed are moved to another folder and drive, since installing 3.1 the status says moving, but its been over 24 hours and still moving???

The file size is 558 MB, another file is 707 MB. and another is 357 MB. So its a bug, cos when I goto the directory where they are supposed to be, they are complete!!! :/

Sounds Like a bug. I'll add it.

Thanks for the invite! By the way, it seems annoying to have to look for the licence key to activate this program. Is there a way to never have to activate this every time you start up?

Another thing that I've been having trouble using is the Virus Guard program. I can't get the program to run... either that or uT 3.1a will not show that the file was scanned. Is this a bug? Because I had the Virus Guard program installed ages ago (when uT was adding features to earlier betas/alphas), I was wondering if it might be me or if it may be the bug of the program. It always ends up failing to scan every single time I start up.

Are you using your own virus engine or does it use your own virus scanner? This would most probably be the most controversial as well as the hardest one to get working properly.

We're using VirusGuard. No, we didn't write our own virus scanner ;)

Why ? ... Win Shutdown issues a close event. Just support it... ;)

Still waiting for the changelog... :P

uTorrent already does this. What it does NOT do' date=' unfortunately, is shutdown correctly every time.[/quote']

Maybe handling/closing of 1000's of resume.dat files have something to do with it... :P

On another issue: what about my email-request to have an advanced setting to NOT use the old dat file ? Didn't get any response to it ... :(

Bug 1 up to 8gb memory using by system cache on re-check large torrent >30gb

Bug 2 program crash if click on any device on devices tab

Bug 3 if torrent settings.dat file found in directory of executable antivirus not working

because VirusGuard installing in appdata not in the torrent folder

Bug 4 "transcoder error: TranscodeController port is not set" spam in log

Question... can both versions µTorrent be installed on the same machine and run concurrently? Running from a flash drive does not count IMO.

Not sure what other version you are referring to, but it appears both the 64-bit and new alpha build (32-bit) work fine residing side-by-side. And they both open (not concurrently) fine and appear to function as they should.

Currently have utorrent 3.0 (build 25570) [64-bit] and utorrentPlus 3.1 Alpha (build 25760) [32-bit]

both installed and working fine. They do seem to each take a few seconds longer to open than normal, almost as if it's trying to get everything in order before fully launching...

Thanks for the invite. This is not specific to the Plus version, but I've always wondered why the progress bar that shows how much you've downloaded doesn't also show the percentage of your upload before it reaches the specified ratio. I think that would be very useful.

Question... can both versions µTorrent be installed on the same machine and run concurrently? Running from a flash drive does not count IMO.

Not sure what other version you are referring to' date=' but it appears both the 64-bit and new alpha build (32-bit) work fine residing side-by-side. And they both open (not concurrently) fine and appear to function as they should.

Currently have [b']utorrent 3.0 (build 25570) [64-bit] and utorrentPlus 3.1 Alpha (build 25760) [32-bit]

both installed and working fine. They do seem to each take a few seconds longer to open than normal, almost as if it's trying to get everything in order before fully launching...

@Admin

Will there be a uTorrent+ on 64bit? and will that also apply w/ other OSes?

By the way, uTorrent+ 25728 [32-Bit] has been working fine since the restart. Excellent program.

Give utorrent portability during installation. Give the options to make utorrent portable, then under the check box select which items you would like to make portable as in Apps, Program Settings(Instead of placing them in the C:\Users\..\%AppData%\ Folder), WebUI, Make virus definitions an option to do the same. Just give all possibilities of portability to be installed in one location instead of %AppData%. I have my C:\* on ReturnilVirtualSystem and utorrent installed on a D:\ for the program to update but it makes it hard to change settings and update when you restart it reverts those settings.

Archived