µTorrent Plus Alpha release

AdamK

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the invite. This is not specific to the Plus version, but I've always wondered why the progress bar that shows how much you've downloaded doesn't also show the percentage of your upload before it reaches the specified ratio. I think that would be very useful.

I like that :)

There is are some issues to consider:

1. Do you suggest also to have the progress BAR showing 0-100% size ?

2. Calculating the ETA (100% goal) is tricky, since it may be combined from both a time limit AND ratio limit. I guess it is the lowest or the two - ETA to the ratio, and ETA to you set-time.

3. the BAR represents now the % of DOWNLOADED data. You will loose that when you switch to seeding mode. I suggest the following

A. Use dual color scheme - like one color (user defined, say blue color) for downloading, and another color (user defined, say the green color) for seeding.

B. Show BOTH colors at all times, overlapping. You'll see blue at first, then the green scrolling over it.

C. Show % of download till it is done. Revert to showing % of seeding after DL is done (all blue, partly green...).

D. End result will always be 100%

E. When there is NO seeding limit (a good thing!) the end result is blue/100% . No progress shown for seeding (status icon = seeding).

F. When there IS a seeding limit the end result is green/100% (status = completed).

Notes:

1) Remember - that Colors can be selected for both download and seeding.

2) Seeding color will start showing as soon as you start download (w/o seeing %)

3) Seeding % will start showing only after download is done, and only when you have a seeding goal .

Edit:

Here is my design - http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8487/85273396.png

I signed up a long time ago and I tried again now and I still haven't gotten an email :(

Hi there. Sorry about this! You shouldn't have to wait for a reply e-mail. When you enter the forum, you should just be able to download the product and license key (says steps 1, 2 and 3). Please try again and let me know if it works.

I like that :)

There is are some issues to consider:

I think perhaps I made it sound more complicated than what I was hoping for. You already have two different colors, one for downloading and one for seeding completed torrents. Torrents are blue while downloading, with a completion percentage shown. When they're completed, the status bar turns green, but otherwise doesn't show any useful info.

All I'd like to see is it show a percentage of ratio seeded, in terms of bytes, just like it does for downloads. There is already a ratio column, so the info is already available. In fact, this would allow us to remove the ratio column, because it would be redundant.

I'm not talking about showing seed percentage while downloading; I'm only talking about completed torrents, when the bar turns green. (So maybe the ratio column wouldn't be redundant after all.)

Still, I think displaying seeding progress bar/color can add a nice touch to it..

I'm not opposed to that. I'm just saying what I was asking for should be pretty simple to implement. But if they want to take it even further, that's cool too.

I have received an invite, but I can't register:

Sorry! Your e-mail wasn't found in the list of alpha testers. Please come back later when invites open up to more users.

Edit: Got it working by changing language on the page from Russian to English...

When adding labels to torrents in the "No Label" category, rather than immediately send the torrent to its new label and remove it from "No Label," one must click elsewhere then return to "No Label" in order for the torrent to move.

Additionally, thank you for the opportunity to alpha test! I'm glad I have a chance to help out :D

Thanks for the opportunity (even if I saw it on FB first - no email with invitation :rolleyes:)

Everything ok, but don't think the antivirus is really good while most of us have already antivirus installed separately. I deactivated it because it's taking to long and killing my pc scanning more than 100 torrents. With the antivirus disabled, utorrent is using like 20 mb ram. Previous versions was using like 1-2 mb (minimized). I also prefer a 64 bits version, if it's possible :)

I will test the player. This is all for the moment.

Regards and keep up the good work ! ;)

Hi!

I've been running µTorrent 3.1 Alpha build 25728 32-bit on Win7 x64 for a couple of days now, and a few things have emerged:

1) Trying to install, You *have* to exit previous µTorrent, or the installer just quietly exits. This is not good!

2) After running for a few hours minimized to the system tray, µTorrent refuses to respond, it won't restore and the contextmenu (right-click) won't show.

3) Trying to stream an AVI (DivX5, MP3) µTorrent crashes regardless of the player, internal or external (VLC)

Another, more visual thing; the button for anti-virus in the download list flickers alot during download. Not really a functional matter, but worth mentioning, I think.

Other than that, it's working pretty great, for me.

I'll keep on testing.

Thanks!!

As in 3.0 the UI does not open to the tray as 2.2.1 did. It pops up as am open window then I have to manually close it to the tray. I have reported this behavior in the past with 3.0 and it appears that I am wasting my time doing this. Is it that hard to code it to not open in a window?

Big thanks to Admins for the invite to test.

So far everything is working perfectly. All my old torrents transferred over and are working correctly. The Antivirus is working and locked up a nasty. The Playback feature works with no issues. Speeds are solid.

Like previously mentioned in the thread I would like to see the playback work on my default player.

Looking forward to testing the remote control and transcoding features tomorrow.

Chuckyfaz

win7 x64.

Not sure what this is about . Doesn't seem to have any effect on anything that I tried so far. Was just Browsing through the settings when a Windows error Box opened with : "The install of 'C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\transcode.btinstall failed. (No signature was present in the subject).

BTW looking very nice and haven't broke anything yet :lol:

Hi,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place. In build 25760 (32 bit) when updating the upload speed the mouse pointer and windows loading icon (blue circle) flash rapidly when apply or ok are pressed . Not necessarily a bug but it is odd behaviour.

Any further info needed for this let me know

Adam

ARTillery and I have both seen seen this (see last post) is it cause for concern?

Probably //Off Topic :More questions can someone direct me to info regarding VPN and uTorrent I need something free (even if its slow) and nothing works (that I've tried) with uTorrent standalone . Will using the WebGUI make a difference? Is the WebGUI updated as this Alpha standalone is. Was kinda hoping there was anti-Gremlin protection of some shape or form but I'm guess that's not what Plus is about.

Is it possible to have temporary options or maybe even permanent where you can disable selected options which are not there in the previous regular releases? I say this because right now it is not possible to test this in an operating environment because well, even the old updates barely work, IE they crash or do other things without being very careful. So I cant really run this to test because it spikes my CPU usage and gives so many error messages I dont even know where to start. I am sure running it as a test program would work but that wont find most of the problems. The amount of new stuff in this version would definitely break a lot of things in a running environment.

Archived