Utorrent Upload limit is never working since upgrade???

Tooget

Hello all my utorrent upload limit does not work at all..

i have enabled apply rate limit to UTP connection and still it doesnt work??

if i select 20kb/s upload it goes past 60kb/s all the time

what have i done wrong???

In Bittorrent i have Limit local peer bandwidth ticked also

doesn't anybody know what is going on???

i have used utorrent for years have never had this problem before, its also a fresh install of win7 64bit so i doubt i have any virus related issues also same thing is happening on my other pc..

come on guys someone must know a fix for this

Hello all my utorrent upload limit does not work at all..

i have enabled apply rate limit to UTP connection and still it doesnt work??

if i select 20kb/s upload it goes past 60kb/s all the time

what have i done wrong???

In Bittorrent i have Limit local peer bandwidth ticked also

First I am not sure what version YOU are running but I have noticed the same issue with 2.2.1.

Not sure when it upgraded last but it was not too long ago. And I agree, I use to be able to set the speed to "15" or "10" and to the penny it would sit (10.1, 9.9). Now? 15 actually is floating between say 18-20.

Have always had the uTP connection limit checked (only) - in fact until reading here some other posts, I never had a clue what it was it was for.

Funny - I started to use the scheduler and when I came home from work, noticed it was uploading yet the scheduler clearly stated there should be zero activity. So yes, not even the scheduler is working.

Hopefully we are talking abot the same version - if so, yes I agree 100% with what you are saying.

belly

I always use the newest version but i am starting to see its happening to a lot of people on older versions. I cant believe the Utorrent dev team have not 1 solution or can even give us a answer as to why this just started happening of a sudden.

I am downloading usually at about 1mb/s . But that is not the issue because even if i am not downloading the upload limit is not working. Yes i have applied the cap to overheads aswell, I have been playing with it for days, i can't figure out at all what is causing it. Currently uploading at 65kb/s when capped to only 6kb/s

very weird issue i hope someone finds a fix im getting fed up with having to stop all my torrents to just download something fast.

My Number of connections are:

Maximum global connections : 400

Maximum number of connected peers: 90

Maximum upload slots: 5

Also Maximum download rate is not working either, none of the limits are working anwhere :S

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I had the same problem. I went into options, preferences, advanced, scrolled to bt.failover_peer_speed_threshold and reduced it to 50 (was 512) , and applied it. Then in the main GUI, on the status bar I changed the download bandwidth, and it started restricting it correctly. Hope this helps someone :)

Same problem here. I will look into boogaloo_ut's solution and see what it does for me.

Currently have UL set at 500KB/s max, it's bouncing around 620KB/s.

Update:

Changed Advanced settings like boogaloo said, but realized later that I had not clicked SET, just OK at the bottom. It reset itself back to 512 after I closed the window because I didn't "set" it properly. I changed the "Apply rate limit to uTP connections" option too. I discovered that I didn't need to change the advanced setting. I reset that back to default so that the uTP limit option was the only change made to my "config" Seems like this was the missing link. Works like a charm now.

Can anybody tell me whether I should limit my upload at all if I am seeding only. Is there an overhead affect on my upload efficiency it if I leave it unlimited when not downloading? Seems like if I'm not downloading, it shouldn't hurt to leave it WOT. Would be nice to get some feedback. Thanks.

Preferences -> Bandwidth

Make sure "Apply Rate Limit to uTP" is checked.

Also may want to set a max upload rate on both the global setting and an alternate rate when not downloading.

I am using Version 3.2.1, and Vdrac's solution worked for me as far as I can tell. It is strange that I had the same issue as others, but they claim this did not fix it. I would suggest uninstalling it, deleting the installation folders, running CCleaner, and reinstalling with the uTP option enabled. Good luck. If I see any more anomalies with this new version, I will report them.

Archived