Cannot select files I wish to download....

Nickmc

I just bought a new computer, so I had to reinstall uTorrent; however, now when I download torrents, it doesn't give me the option to select the specific files within the torrent I want to download. I already looked through preferences, and I found the "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode." That seemed like the solution, so I checked it, and nothing happened. So, if I had to guess, maybe it only works "in advanced mode," and maybe i am not in advanced mode? I have no clue.

So, if anyone could help me out, that would be wonderful. Thanks, guys!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I am having the same problem. I am running windows 7 and version 3.0 of utorrent but can't seem to get the window to select/deselect files before the download begins.

I have changed from basic to advanced mode as per DWK and also changed my preferences so that I have ticked "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode" but whenever I start a download it still starts all files and does not allow me to select prior to downloading.

Any pointers? I have searched the forums and tried everything the other threads have suggested (except for the older versions of utorrent workarounds) with no success.

Cheers

Seems like i found solution of the problem. If you "toggle torrent view" (button at the top right corner) to the view when you can`t see status af the torrent like UL speed, DL speed, health etc then you can`t see window where you can select files or destination folder. Just toggle than damn button to it`s normal state and enjoy :) Hope this will help someone.

Had this problem myself and even when DreadWingKnight informed what to do I still couldn't see it. You need to go into Preferences, click on UI Settings, then click the box "Show a window that displays the torrent in advanced mode", which is in the When adding Torrents section, this will enable a box to open up when you select a torrent. Now here is what took me a while to work out. On the left hand side of the box is a little tab, if you click it then it will open up a window at the bottom that displays all the files as in the previous version. If I knew how to post a shot I would do so, unfortunately I don't. But as it's a problem that a lot of people seem to get then maybe it should be something that automatically happens, rather than having to be selected to happen or perhaps an opt out rather than an opt in.

You should have a box open which shows "save as" near the top left and the place where you are saving the file underneath it, then you have "Don't show this again" to the left under that with a little white box that you can tick, underneath this little white tick box is a square looking tab with what looks similar to two arrows, one over the other, that's the tab you click.

Hi, that's really odd, it should be below the box on the left. There's only one thing I can think of, can you make the box wider by putting your cursor on the bottom line, holding the left button of the mouse in and dragging it down just to ensure that it isn't hidden below. If it's not then I don't know what the problem is.

Hi, that's really odd, it should be below the box on the left. There's only one thing I can think of, can you make the box wider by putting your cursor on the bottom line, holding the left button of the mouse in and dragging it down just to ensure that it isn't hidden below. If it's not then I don't know what the problem is.

Certainly I've tried to do it getting no result. In fact the problem was solved by changing display resolution up and down.

Archived